Close

Signup for our Free Webinar

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Student

X400 DIY Special offer kit (buildup)

Hi,
    I take the special offer from German Reprap today and IŽll write my buildup steps , fews and meanings here hope to get also imput from you.

Fist the package was a bit Bigger than I expected, it just fits in my car.
    IMG_8050.jpg
    and it was also not easy to carry

opening and removing all air pads the packaging looks not bad mostly was packed seperatly
    IMG_8053.jpg

I put all out to take a look on all parts
    IMG_8057.jpg

I think everyone has seen enough printer parts so IŽll not show you all single parts
    but 2 point were I find great idea IŽll show you

IMG_8060.jpg
    there are 2 good boxes with screws and ever place is labeled cool
    after finishing can use it for other parts

what i found after was a surprise,
    IMG_8068.jpg
    the miiled aluminium kit
    ther was no information that this update is in the set

Thats all for today now take a look on the online setup guide and will also take a look on the movie maybe i printout the description

Hopefully can write tomorrow already more about the fist steps

br
    Thomas
    Last edited by Luchador; 09-03-2014 at 02:55 AM.

Student

update

Yesterday I finished the frame already ( pics follow later) today i printout the work description
    244 pages but with finishing the frame youvare already on 40.

Student

Frame / Adjustment / Z axle / Printbed

So I finished checking and readjustemnt of the frame yesterday

IMG_8086.jpgIMG_8088.jpgIMG_8089.jpg

I checked every adge in every direction readjust if neccessary and checked again all until all point were in the right angel and flat to the other profiles.
    (The Block is a grinded part with perfect 90° angles and absolut flat a realy helpful tool)

I also insert the spindel holder and spindels
    holders plate and the plate themself
    IMG_8092.jpgIMG_8100.jpg

2 Point I need to double check today

One screw I destroy ,
    Pulley of the spindle so I need to remove it again to change the screw.

and one of the holders plate (sinter parts) has a too small hole so I need to drill it to right size today , ( I propose to check all holes of the sinter parts before sometimes they are a bit to small)

if this is finished I can fix the plate and start the first fine adjustment of the plate position ( make it even to the frame)

so more hopeflully this evening

so far around 5 hours work include preparation not difficult yet,
    but you need to work realy correct (special on the frame) to get all in the right angle a third hand would be good (its possible alone but need more time)
    Last edited by Luchador; 09-03-2014 at 02:55 AM.

Student
    HI,

Not much news I changed the defect screw drilled the to small hole now the plate fitt in the frame.

I also started with the last holder for the motors,

IMG_8106.jpgIMG_8107.jpg

todays plan

finish fixing and adjusting of the plate,

mounting the holders and starting the X/Y table/guide.

Student
    soplate is fixed and adjusted , X/Y table are installed

IMG_8164.jpg

Im not fully happy with the pulley / belt tension adjustment yet here I need to check how to improve this weekend,
    but the first cablechain is intsalled and the cable trees are great all are marked so easy to find the right cables.

I also started the control box yesterday, only the fan fance let me wonder on the beginning because its for M3 screws but you need to use M4 ( simple need to screw it also trough the fence )

IMG_8159.jpgIMG_8161.jpg

so plan for today finishing the control box and maybe go on with the cabeling.
    Tomorow Heatbed and Finishing Hotend.

br
    Thomas

Student
    so I nearly finished the cabeling, will make a few pictures later and share it.

br
    Thomas

Student
    first sorry for so long no news but I was a bit busy so no time to go on, additional I have a small issu with the transfer of the pic to the computer

I hope to solve the issue with the pics tommorow han can give you a lot of new views.

What I did today was uploard the firmware and check the first points

so far thermistor headbed and the heatbed themselve are working

with my ground adjustement of the Polols Z is working good so far only a seldom sound is hearable but this could be also bec the spindles are dry at the moment this will check later.

after readjust my Y belts this is also working.

X was making trouble but after a while ( sitting in front and not understanding anything anymore ) i get it , stupid issue from my side I connected the motors like i do usual but here the motors need to run in opposide directions ,
    after the connector was turned the X is now also moving.

IŽll sit don now I try to finish the Hotend (thermistor and heater not connected yet)

Will update tomorrow plan would be to finish all and start calibration.

br
    Thomas

Student
    so not much news but i solved my picture issue

I closed the cabelings and connected the heater and thermistor of the hotend for testing the nozzle IŽll install after calibration of the extruder.

So plan for the day is to check all functions again ( I changed the pololu voltage a bit) and start calibration.

After installing the nozzle and maybe heat up the first time with Filament.

IMG_8201.jpgIMG_8205.jpg

br
    thomas

Student
    so a bit less time at the moment but I more and more on a good feeling to print on the weekend the first time
    (if anyone has a great idea what to print first let me know)

at the moment still need to calibrate and also would like to readjust the Pololus again a bit, reason is simple Z and Y feels good after a wile moving around Motor still cold but X get already temperature so IŽll try to find a level without missing steps but cold as possible motors.
    Finaly IŽll share "my" adjsutments (at the moment between 250 and 350mV)

best regards
    Thomas

Student
    So a few hours together with an additional set of hands and eyes (ok and 2 bottles of wine),

so we readjust the belts and checked the X Motor again ( alone I think never check him again bec checked befor mounting)hr was running much to strong.

So changed motor readjust all belts and all pololus (Voltage around 250-260mV)

Adjust the Printbed and start first print.

Result not bad for the first print Block 20x20mm result 20,1x20,15mm but with a lot of missing steps in Y ( My Mistake Y has 2 motors so need to use a bit more Power)

I also cuttet the cover a bit so I can remove it everytime.
    IMG_8273.jpg
    So today finaly adjust Y Pololu and change the firmware

In the Firmware I Žll change the max width for X looks like here is in the single Extruder Version also the value for the Dual inside so can not use the full 400mm range

IMG_8272.jpg

So think tosay I can clean the cabeling a bit than will close the Printer.

Next steps are already in Planing I get a few Profiles to Extend the Frame after think will close the sides with plates.

Best regards
    Thomas

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast