Close

MyMiniFactory Opens Designers Exchange, Offering 3D Designer Jobs Board

Are you a good 3D CAD designer, who has experience creating models which are 3D printable? Then MyMiniFactory's new Designers Exchange may be the perfect area for you to find design jobs which companies and individuals are offering. Currently there are 13 jobs posted, and the rates range anywhere from $10 to $60 per project completed. More details on this offering can be found here: http://3dprint.com/11077/myminifactory-jobs-design/

Let us know if you decide to test out the exchange. Should be interesting to see how this develops over the coming weeks ahead.

Engineer-in-Training
    Several of these seem very unreasonable. $40 to design a correct scale Mustang car? That severely undervalues the work.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JRDM View Post
    Several of these seem very unreasonable. $40 to design a correct scale Mustang car? That severely undervalues the work.
    Last time I did freelance 3D modelling work I was paid $3000 for a (very detailed) F-104 Thunderbolt airplane. For $40 I hope they have very low expectations.

Technologist
    Add bshadown on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Last time I did freelance 3D modelling work I was paid $3000 for a (very detailed) F-104 Thunderbolt airplane. For $40 I hope they have very low expectations.
    For that ammount of cash i guess you recreated every detail from interior to exterior and spend what? 50-60 hours on that single file? Im a newbie on 3D Design, but when it comes to Photoshop yeah thats the norm on extremly detailed and excellent work, soooo.... For 40 bucks i Will only take an snapshot copy and paste and ouala. Cheers

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by bshadown View Post
    For that ammount of cash i guess you recreated every detail from interior to exterior and spend what? 50-60 hours on that single file? Im a newbie on 3D Design, but when it comes to Photoshop yeah thats the norm on extremly detailed and excellent work, soooo.... For 40 bucks i Will only take an snapshot copy and paste and ouala. Cheers
    Yes, every detail exactly to scale. It was an F-105 Thunderchief though, there's no such thing as a F-104 Thunderbolt, I shouldn't write stuff while I'm still half asleep in the morning.

I like the idea of that website, but the wages people are offering are very low, I'm sure some people would take those jobs, but if it's going to be something people use for a living the offers need to be higher; specially because it's a one time deal unlike for example Turbosquid were you can offer a 3D model at a relatively low price and (hope to) make a decent amount of money from it over time.