Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

Contest Rules / Terms & Conditions

By participating in this contest, you agree to all of the following:

Rules and Small Print:
    - Only one entry per household is permitted.
    - Paid employees of 3DPB and 3DPrint.com are not eligible for any prizes.
    - If participating in the forum posting portion of the contest, all posts must be quality posts. Posting for the sole purpose of trying to earn contest entries is not permitted. All posts must be intended to start or continue interesting conversations. If we feel that you are not posting relevant, interesting content, or spamming the site, we reserve the right to disqualify you.
    - Winners will be picked at random, using a random number generator. All declared winners are final.
    - We reserve the right to disqualify anyone at anytime for any reasons we deem necessary.
    - We reserve the right to change the contest rules, prizes, guidelines and restrictions at any time, including while the contest is running for reasons that we feel appropriate.
    - Prizes are all contributed by vendors. If that vendor fails to deliver on the prize you won, we do not take responsibility. It is solely up to the prize vendor to provide the prize(s) they agreed upon.
    - Spamming will not be tolerated whatsoever. No spamming links to this contest, or spamming this forum with posts.
    - All participants must be 18 years of age or older.
    - Unfortunately some prizes are only available to people in the United States. This means that if you win one of these prizes, and are located outside of the USA, you will have to forfeit that prize and a new winner will be selected.
    - Winners will be posted in the main contest thread, a day after the drawing is complete. Winners will have 28 days to claim their prizes via the requested method stated on the contest thread page.

Contest is run by 3DPB.com and 3DPrint.com which are websites of Forum Advertising LLC.

1. The promoter is: Forum Advertising LLC. whose registered office is at 4921 SW 25th Place, Cape Coral, FL 33914.
    2. Employees of Forum Advertising LLC, 3DPB.com and 3DPrint.com or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
    3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
    4. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...inting-CONTEST
    5. Closing date for entry will be December 29th at 12:00 AM ET. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
    6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
    7. The rules of the competition can be seen in this thread and the prizes for winners can be seen at: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...inting-CONTEST
    8. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice for any reason(s) at all.
    9. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition, or the delivery of prizes by the third party participants.
    10. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
    11. Winners will be chosen by random drawing using a computer program, from entries received by Forum Advertising LLC.
    12. The winners will be posted in the main contest thread, a day after the drawing is complete. Winners will have 28 days to claim their prizes via the requested method stated on the contest thread page.
    13. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
    14. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
    15. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by U.S. law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the United States of America.
    16. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current U.S. data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party, other than parties that need ship a winning prize, without the entrant’s prior consent.
    17. The winners' name will be available 28 days after closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Forum Advertising LLC., 4921 SW 25th Place, Cape Coral, FL 33914.
    18. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
    19. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Forum Advertising LLC (3DPrint.com), and not to any other party.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    - Unfortunately some prizes are only available to people in the United States. This means that if you win one of these prizes, and are located outside of the USA, you will have to forfeit that prize and a new winner will be selected.
    Can you please list what prizes are only available to people in the US please?

- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

I am amazed by the creation of prosthetics for people who are missing limbs.

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!

I think a printer large enough to create light weight housing in less than a day could be useful for areas ravaged by a disaster. Better yet, what if a shelter could be constructed that was strong enough to resist the effects of a tornado or hurricane? That would be amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by energywave View Post

Just wondering about the same

Student
    Follow zeblate On Twitter Add zeblate on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by energywave View Post
    Yes, I Ask myself the same question !

Student
    Follow Whiterabbit9313 On Twitter Add Whiterabbit9313 on Facebook
    Question 1: there has been so many awesome things created by 3d printers, for parents making toys for the kids, to role praying models, even to hats and shoes, to making a working model of an idea you have for anything to show a board room meetings to get funding to create that product on a mass scale. So how could I even think of what what is the most interesting thing when it all is because someone had thought of it to make it and to them it was special.

Question2: if I could have any kind of 3D printer, I would have to say one that is easy to learn to use it and can be easily taught to children since they have a more active imagination than most adults and it would be wonderful to see what they would come up with that the future might need when they are taught 3d technology at young age.

Student
    Question 1: Use 3D printers to create safe, inexpensive, fuel-efficient modes of transportation, both for individuals and for mass transit.

Questions 2: For individual use, high technology materials that are nontoxic.
    Last edited by Digital Giraffe; 10-22-2014 at 03:33 PM. Reason: I am not a student. I am a professional artist.

Student
    - What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

Well, other than the small model of the Battle School I had printed to my designs on a Z-Corp printer, and the MC Escher "Cube" (labyrinth) that a friuend printed up, running to the maximum dimensions possible on that Z-Corp printer, I would have to say prosthetics. Especially that aretifial hand that's been making the rounds on the news media these days!

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!

If a 3D printer could print something on the order of a MOTOR, I'd say we were almost there.

If it could print in a range of materials, including 50 ksi or better steels, I'd be pretty impressed!

I'm sure at some point in the future, there will be 3D printer needles (stylii) that will be able to precipitate out ANY material you wanted...ah, to dream!

Giveaway answers

Question 1: I think the use for improving and providing human organs ., and lightweight custom prosthetic is the greatest advancement.
    Question2: Create micro-machines that could be used to fight cancer. I also think micro-machines that floated inside a closed system that could repair any wear and injury to the system would be a achievement. This could include the human body, modes of transportation, and building functions.

Student
    Follow sharon On Twitter Add sharon on Facebook Add sharon on Google+
    Just wondering how are you counting for each profile? Do we need to inform and provide evidence for out entries ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast