Close

3D Printed Titanium Bicycle

3D Printed bicycles. We have seen several already, but one company called INDUSTRY has announced their new Titanium 3D printed bikes. These are not just 3D printed but they have a whole slew of technologically advanced features built into them. 3DPrint.com looks into the bike, and discusses it with those who have been involved in cycling for years. Read the story here: http://3dprint.com/10345/3d-printed-titanium-bicycles/

Check out a picture of the 3D printed Titanium bike below:

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Krassenstein View Post
    3D Printed bicycles. We have seen several already, but one company called INDUSTRY has announced their new Titanium 3D printed bikes. These are not just 3D printed but they have a whole slew of technologically advanced features built into them. 3DPrint.com looks into the bike, and discusses it with those who have been involved in cycling for years. Read the story here: http://3dprint.com/10345/3d-printed-titanium-bicycles/

Check out a picture of the 3D printed Titanium bike below:
    Needs more motor

Staff Engineer
    Well, okay, reading the article I see that the joinery is 3D printed, not the entire frame. So at least these people are sane. I think the main thing her eis that looking more closely, this is an amazingly well put-together bike with the most practical features for its function (commuter/courier bike) without overdoing it on the bells and whistles. At first glance, yeah, it's just a bicycle.

But looking closely, you can find $2000 worth of bicycle in there.

(Not that I would pay that much for any bike ever, I don't even ride the one I have anymore.)
    Last edited by Feign; 07-28-2014 at 08:59 AM.