Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

Goliat Extruder coming to Indiegogo next week

For those of you that like high quality affordable extruders, the Goliat extruder from Tytan 3D may be the answer. While they have been selling their extruders for a couple month already, next week they plan to launch an Indiegogo campaign for the Goliat extruder. A fully aluminum extruder that will cost just $49. More details on this extruder at http://3dprint.com/10286/tytan-3d-goliat-extruder/

Engineer-in-Training
    That's definitely interesting. I don't understand how they're mounting a metal gearbox motor to the extruder on the NEMA 17's 31mm mount pattern for use with 3mm filament. I'd think it needs an adapter plate, but they don't seem to mention that or show the plate on their site.
    Last edited by JRDM; 07-25-2014 at 12:57 PM.

Student

I would definitely buy at least one if not a whole bunch of them

I'm so done with plastic extruders. As useful as they are, as easy as it is to make one to replace anything that breaks, I really need the durability of an all metal one, especially when it has been machined for precision work. So, where do I go get one? I don't see the Kickstarter.

Technologist
    Add bshadown on Thingiverse
    But the big question is, would it work with any printer??

im getting the New craftbot printer from indiegogo in september, but i dont know if it Will allow an extruder from another manufacturer? Cheers