Close

Shapeways Reduces Lead Times

Good news if you are a client of Shapeways. Today, the world's largest custom 3D printing marketplace announced a drastic reduction in their lead times for 3D printed metal objects. These include, raw silver, polished silver, premium silver 14kt gold, gold plated brass, matte bronze steel, and several other steel material objects. The entire list of reduced lead times can be found at the article here: http://3dprint.com/5891/shapeways-lead-times-reduced/

The reduction will take effect immediately, and is both for US and global shipments.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Krassenstein View Post
    Good news if you are a client of Shapeways. Today, the world's largest custom 3D printing marketplace announced a drastic reduction in their lead times for 3D printed metal objects. These include, raw silver, polished silver, premium silver 14kt gold, gold plated brass, matte bronze steel, and several other steel material objects. The entire list of reduced lead times can be found at the article here: http://3dprint.com/5891/shapeways-lead-times-reduced/

The reduction will take effect immediately, and is both for US and global shipments.
    OK, I know I'm cynical... But is it possible that they have a reduced lead time because they charge too much and they don't have enough customers? If that is the case, that is really unfortunate because they are really pushing the leading the edge. I have no use for them right now, but in a couple years, if they can stick around that long... I know I'm going to have things I want to send there. I really want to see them succeed.

Technologist
    Hopefully they got more printers. This is great news!