Close

Are Enhanced 3D Printed Organs On Their way.

Of course we are talking about a decade or more in the future, but one Doctor at the University of Iowa believes that we will soon have the ability to bioprint enhanced human organs. Dr. Ozbolat gave an example to the Huffington Post of an organ which could be implanted into patients instead of a pacemaker, which generates its own electricity to run the human heart. More details on this futuristic bioprinting story can be found here:http://3dprint.com/5702/3d-printing-new-organs/

Dr. Ozbolat is currently working on bioprinting a pancreas to one day implant into a diabetic patient. This could cure the disease which affects over 7% of the American population. If what he suggests is true, one day we could 3D print genetically enhanced pancreas-like organs to function better in the human body. What do you guys think after reading the article? How far away from such a future are we?

How about 3D Printing me an enhanced brain? I want one with perfect memory and the ability to think clearly on all topics! I bet they are going to wimp out and do the easy things like hearts and pancreas's first!