Close

Cloudio2Go 3D Printer Pen

There is another new 3D printer pen on the scene now, in additional to the 3Doodler and Lix pens. The Cloudio2go 3D printer pen has launched an Indiegogo campaign in which they seek to raise $5000 for production costs. This pen looks a lot like the 3Doodler, but is supposedly lighter and has updated technology to it. Here are some general specs of the device:

• Printer Pen Weight : 0.4kg
    • Printer Pen Size: 22cm x 17cm x 6.3cm
    • Spinning speed: Adjustable
    • Extruder temperature: 160- 250 degrees Celsius
    • Nozzle Size: 0.4-0 .7 mm

More details on the Cloudio2go pen can be found at the article here: http://3dprint.com/4135/cloudio2go-3d-print-pen/

Here is a quick image of the pen:

Engineer-in-Training
    Engrish a go-go!

Student
    3doodler is way better and its an already established product, i have a strong feeling this one would not be able to get the funding required

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse
    I'm surprised how bad this is doing on indiegogo. The LixPen is doing awesome, and I wouldn't think it is much different than this.

Staff Engineer
    The LixPen has style on its side, and caters to a different audience than the existing product.

As far as I can tell, this looks like a copy of the 3Doodler with bad grammar.

Bad grammar makes people think Chinese business, and Chinese business makes people think shady money practices, and shady money practices make people run away from a crowdfunding campaign like it's radioactive and on fire.

Feign, it's funny you mention that. When I saw this indiegogo project the photo reminded me of something you would see on a chinese wholesale site like alibaba or dhgate. I agree. bad grammar turns people off.

I had asked a couple question on the comments section of their campaign. Without pledging (instant and non refundable on Indiegogo) I could not post publicly, and only 3 comments per day. I asked what was different from other pens (Myriwell) that were found on ebay etc that looked identical. Also, since there is an adjustable temp feature, but not explanation of how that works or is controlled, I asked if there was a button or something.
    Here is the email I got back

"Thanks for your mail and requests.Sorry for my bad english… our excellent english spoken team mate are in france until next thursday. i try to answer your questions.New in the second generation are the parts on the board electronic and the friction. the new friction is a better quality for long life. Thats the reason for 2 years warranty.You can adjust the temperature on the button slider under the LEDs on the pen.The electronic heat the system to the melting point temperature."

It's funny, looks like this pen is also for sale under no specific name on chinavasion.com