Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What printer should be my first 3d printer?

Hey guys im looking for my first 3d printer right now. Any recommendation which brand should i buy? Could you guys share me some experience of using it? thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by cowy View Post
    Hey guys im looking for my first 3d printer right now. Any recommendation which brand should i buy? Could you guys share me some experience of using it? thanks !
    I'm not an expert in 3D printers, but I think your going to need to give a price range for people to help you narrow it down.

That said, the Creality CR-10 (large prints) and the Prusa MK2 both seem to be highly regarded printers in the ~$500 range.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    They are both kits - don't generally recommend a kit as a first machine.

And yes, what's your budget and what sort of thing do you want to do with it ?

Luke, join the dark side!

Join me, and together we will make DLP (or LCD or SLA) stereo lithography resin printers!

And together we will rule this forum as father and son. Hey, it's a viable option that hasn't been mentioned.

Seriously though, why not a kit? Lots of people make CNC routers, first build, from scratch, without even a kit. If you can't be handsome, at least you can try to be handy. Surely it depends on the individual? That means if you're handsome, you shouldn't buy a kit, because you don't need the extra points (so in your case, buy a kit!).

All kidding aside, good advice, aardvark, to ask what the budget is and intended purpose. What should I buy is far too general a question without some more specifics.

I should also mention that I know nothing about filament printers, so I can't really help you there. Just wasting time. In your thread. You're welcome.

Maker Select v2 is great stuff, it's basically a i3 clone. It usually sells for around $300, roughly $250 when on sale. I don't really trust the majority of the chinese stuff out there. It's either a fire hazard, takes weeks to get to USA, or proprietary stuff you can't alter in any way. I believe the Prusa i3 MK2s is pretty cheap right now. If you want to spend the big bucks, basically any Utilmaker is going to be great.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well given cowry seems to be intent on dragging up old threads and posting nothing posts, all over the shop. I'm not expecting any actual answers here :-)
    could well be a new spambot testing.

my budget would be lower than $400 actually. im agree im not confident enough to assemble my own 3d printer. sorry i just move to new living place its a quite mess here so i cant reply the comment

yeah many people suggest ultimaker tho, did you recommend it? i think its worth buying as well but quite expensive for me...

guess that quite expensive for my budget. actually, i have below average budget because im just new and i need to do some experiment with them before take the professional 3d printer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast