Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

MP Maker Select v2 stops extruding mid print

Each time I try to print the machine stops extruding. I've cleaned the whole nozzle assembly half a dozen times, slowed the print speed, leveled the print bed several times, and it still doesn't help. The cause is a piece of filament getting jammed in the feeding mechanism for the extruder. I've included a link to a picture of the jam that continually causes the problem. Any help is appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0ucj6KHQJJXLTdQNGFjZ1lHVlk

Is the hotend fan failing or not working at all?

No, it's running the whole time.

Does the hotend stay at a constant temp? What temp are you trying to print at?

Print cooling fan on or off when this happens?

200C the whole time... fans are running the whole time. I just pulled everything apart that has anything to do with feeding the filament and made sure everything was clean. It seems like some sort of retraction issue. I tried printing with retraction off too.

Is there a PTFE tube in the hotend?

Can you post a picture of your hotend? A close up of how far the hot end is from the carriage? Upload the image to imgbb.com if you don't have any other way to post it.

There is a tube in the hotend. Here is a pic of the extruder and the original pic of the filament jam, as I realized that you probably can't see that last one.
    I can't post the damn pic. I'm working on it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast