Close

Page 53 of 76 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Of course but my bed is not level so hard to test.

edit: maybe in the center I am not off too much and can manage a 20mm cube test print?
    Last edited by DarkAlchemist; 12-11-2014 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Of course but my bed is not level so hard to test.

edit: maybe in the center I am not off too much and can manage a 20mm cube test print?
    Agreed... a 20mm test cube won't be affected too much by bed warpage. And it looks like the problem is on the left side.
    So printing in the center should be a good test to see what it does.

It is ABL and not just for me. On the reprap irc channel I spotted it on someone else with an I3v and I went to test and I have one corner 1 layer bulge (means perfect) another 2 or 3 layers and 2 others (towards the left side I think) the worst. Basically ABL allows me to print but don't expect interlocking stuff or gears to mesh when using it. The other guy I spotted had non ABL prints and no bulge at all.

So, the moral of the story is ABL is bad. Yes, it will let you print but the cost, for what I do, is too great and makes it worthless to me. Now I have to figure out what to buy or what to do to get a level bed so I can remove ABL.

How do I turn off ABL while keeping the enhanced G28? I can simply ignore G29/G30 but after a print or when first turned on it is screwy then I have to issue the G28 and it is fine. Seems there should be a way to keep the new G28 and completely turn off the matrix stuff.

If you are not saving bed level correction matrix to EEPROM.... G28 will reset and for all practical purposes, turn of the Auto Bed Leveling. (It is still there, but doing nothing).

Question how do I execute the command to auto bed level at the start of a print using Cura. Sorry im not a coder and some of the basics escapes me.

Most slicers (including Cura) let you put start up GCode into the generated file. You want Cura to put a G28 followed by a G29 at the start of every file it generates.

I guarantee you that ABL is not out of the way. My EEPROM is off by default and when I freshly turn on the machine I *must* do a g28 first or it will go slowly and all axis move when all I wanted to do, for example, is Z +10mm. A major pita when I am doing stuff that must immediately stop and move or burn something. So, I am stumped and all I want is the g28 part of ABL and not a piece of any thing else so I have a dynamic Z endstop and none of the matrix affecting me like this.
    Code:
    // EEPROM
    // The microcontroller can store settings in the EEPROM, e.g. max velocity...
    // M500 - stores parameters in EEPROM
    // M501 - reads parameters from EEPROM (if you need reset them after you changed them temporarily).
    // M502 - reverts to the default "factory settings".  You still need to store them in EEPROM afterwards if you want to.
    //define this to enable EEPROM support
    //#define EEPROM_SETTINGS
    //to disable EEPROM Serial responses and decrease program space by ~1700 byte: comment this out:
    // please keep turned on if you can.
    //#define EEPROM_CHITCHAT
    Last edited by DarkAlchemist; 12-21-2014 at 03:27 PM.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    when I freshly turn on the machine I *must* do a g28 first
    Of course. How else will the printer know where the printhead is in order to move it where you want it, without homing after it's been turned on? Everybody has to do a G28 before a print after turning the printer on.

NO, you should not have to do a G28 first off BECAUSE if I tell Z +10 it will raise it 10 from where it is which it thinks is 0,0,0. That is my point AND while the printer is printing I stop the job and issue a lift of 10 and it does exactly like it does when freshly turned on. NOW, if I remove ABL completely it works as it should from turn on through printing and stopping but I lose the dynamic Z endstop.

So, the moral to this story IS that ABL isn't really out of the way and I need to find a way to stab it, gut it, then kill it and bury it then bury the shovel while retaining the dynamic Z endstop that G28 gives with ABL on.

Page 53 of 76 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast