Close

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast
    How small were you trying to go on the marble run?

No magnets today....bummer.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    it's about 2 inches by 2.5
    The run, and top bits are fine. But reducing the spiral that much in s3d makes the walls too thin.
    Needs to be reduced properly in a cad program I reckon
    Might have a go this afternoon.

Have you checked thingiverse for effector solutions for your new hotend? I bet there are designs that would hold it up higher giving more build height. Only draw back to that would be the hotend being closer to the printed parts.

IT has a specific 'neck' designed for a clamp. Not looked for existing clamps yet. Seen a few that (like autowhiz's) are basically a square clamp that bolts on to the effector/extruder holder. That would probably be the simplest way to go. That said with magnetically attached effector would be easy to change effectors for different extruder heads. A future project I think lol

What is interesting is that the filament guide tube butts tightly into a socket right at the top of the heatbreak. And a removeable metal tube goes all the rest of the way down to the nozzle. So technically an, all metal hotend - can't see any gaps for filament to pool in. Haven't unscrewed nozzle yet though. But looks sound. The little clip on cooling fan for the heatbreak is very neat. Still can't believe how cheap these things actual are.
    Might hook it up to the board and check it heats up. Going to make my power cable today.

Think it's still rated at 260c
    But I guess you could just upgrade the heatblock to change that.
    Also spotted some stainless steel nozzles - for that crappy carbon fibre infused filament.
    Might go for them anyway. Mind you also looking for larger diameter nozzles - up to 0.8 & 1mm would be good.
    Probably need upgraded cooling for them - but should be a large enough effector to use a couple of turbo fans.

It's all starting to look wonderfully modular :-)

So pics of your boxed delta are due I feel :-)

Just bought some 50mm turbofans. 5 for three - seemed like a good idea :-)
    Might even be able to fit one on alexa, if I turn it sideways across the effector.

The box was for ABS and I know how you feel about ABS, so never mentioned it.

Have you printed out the nozzle for the 50mm fan? Wonder if it fits on the correctly sized effector.

The he3d one ?
    nope, it too big, you can see how far it projects out from the effector. Thats going to catch on belts and rods.
    Like the side mounted filament holder - they don't seem to think it all the way through.

Enclosed printer useful for lots of filaments apart from abs. Polycarbonate, nylons, polyamides etc
    many of which i have :-)

So how long did it take to heat the box to 80c ?
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 08-16-2017 at 07:05 AM.

It was 80F. About 15 minutes to get there. Got up to 95F by then end of the print. My Qidi will hit 105+ on a long print.

Ahh fahrenheits.
    So not hot at all really.

100f was based on mrs fahrenheits arm pit. :-)
    is it worth it for that low a temperature ?

It worked out. I am sure it was a lot warmer around the bed. The temp sensor I have in the Qidi sits on the bottom. With the heat bed starting at the top and coming down, I am sure if I were to probe near the bed, those temps would be higher. A better sealed box with some insulation would have been better, I am sure, but it was just a short test.
    Last edited by number40Fan; 08-15-2017 at 08:36 PM.

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast