Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Troubleshooting TPE w/ Powerspec I3 plus

New to 3D printing and I could use some advice on what my prints are trying to tell
    me, the following is done is Cura.

First Print

• Print speed - 30mm/s
    • Print temp. - 235°
    • Bed temp. - 55°
    • Initial layer thickness - 0.3
    • Initial layer line width - 100

*Printer set to run it at 35% from there moved up to 55%. No advanced speed changes

Second Print

• Print speed - 15mm/s
    • Travel speed - 15 mm/s
    • Bottom layer speed - 15 mm/s (rest of advanced speeds set to 0 to match print speed)
    • Print temp. - 235°
    • Bed temp. - 55°
    • Initial layer thickness - 0.3
    • Initial layer line width - 100

*Flow increased by 5% (105%) resulted in a slightly better base. Yet still faulted when layering the ends of the dpad.

Last edited by SmoothVoltron; 02-12-2017 at 01:59 PM.

It can be MANY things, but pictures will help lots. If you can post some ill try to help

I have two pictures with hyperlinks on "first print" and "second print"

Ah i missed that. Ok it looks like your filament has moisture in it and needs a good long drying. Then you'll want to calibrate your extrusion multiplier after drying. Its a combination of moisture and over extrusion. Ive had filaflex filament do the same thing its like printing rubberized foam which is terrible.

I don't know about the moisture thing. In the middle of winter here and my printer is in the basement. Also this filament came straight out the bag onto the printer the day of these prints. Unless that is a common thing for new Inland brand filament.

As far as over extrusion I do believe its more of that. Cura has a "flow" modifer which from what I gauged is the equivalent to the extrusion multiplier. I did a print with it at 90% but maybe that wasnt enough.

Probalby a mix of that and my retraction settings.

Ive had taulman nylons come vacuum packed loaded with moisture and same goes for my Filaflex. Moisture causes lots of over extrusion You can use a dehumidifier for Rv's or boats to dry it or check out Taulmans filament drier

Would throwing it in a sealed container with some of those anti-moisture packets you get with filament work for a quick solution?

they will take days even weeks to remove any substantial amount of moisture. This might be little known but taulman has had this for years. http://taulman3d.com/drying-materials.html

those moisture packs only work to absorb moisture that enters the containers or bags it doesn't remove any from it unless your heating the filament.
    I use a toaster oven turned re-flow oven programmed with a 24hour dry cycle that holds the temperature at 50*C to get the job done for a few rolls at a time

I forgot to mention your settings look good, but from part to part the settings might need to be adjusted to suit the needs.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Those dehumidifying packets do work very well to dry filament. You just need to check on them regularly and throw them in the microwave as directed when they become saturated. I just use a sealed rubbermaid box.

If you don't have a dedicated oven, or one that you're willing to expose to filament, then these are the most cost effective way of drying your filament. You could build the kiln that viper linked, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast