Close

Technician

Dreamer SD card issues

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I'm too frustrated to do a search. I have three FF Creators and have recently purchased a new FF Dreamer. I copied the SD card from my old FF Creators to the SD card of my new FF Dreamer, and this is what I see when I try to print:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8q...ew?usp=sharing

Essentially nothing. Pressing the "up" arrow does nothing. It seems it cannot see any files on the SD card at all. Does the Dreamer somehow use a different file type than the Creator?

Technician
    Update: Well, 24 hours of owning the Dreamer and can't get it to do a thing. Maybe I should have just bought another Creator. Checked to ensure the SD card is formatted in FAT properly. All files on it are .x3g. Dreamer shows there are files on the card from the main menu but when I go to print from the card I just get the same blank menu as shown in the previous photo. Tried a different SD card, same issue. Even tried to connect and print via USB but Flash Print also says "connection failed." So far I have a very expensive box with pretty lights.

*Problem Solved*...sort of

I found that my dreamer will only recognize .gcode files instead of the standard .x3g that the Creator uses. Weird. Also weird that when I try to start a print it tries to start doing it immediately without proper preheating. I'm not liking this Dreamer one bit so far. I think it might be going back to Amazon in exchange for another Creator.
    Last edited by roykirk; 01-07-2017 at 02:37 PM.

Technician
    Issue completely solved now. I've already initiated a return on this piece of junk. Wifi won't transmit, SD card won't work 80% of the time, and when it does it tries to start printing immediately without preheating. And conveniently manual preheating doesn't work as only the left extruder will heat. As a final benefit, carriage slams in to limits and grinds despite running the proper homing sequence several times. Creator Pro has been ordered and will be here Tuesday.

Engineer-in-Training
    That's odd. Sounds like you had a couple of things going on there. Slamming into the limit stops is probably a bad or incorrect driver. The rest of it sounds like a bad all around machine and a good choice to send it back. I haven't had any issues with mine with the exception of the heater power cable decided to burn through. The new one showed me that I was not the only one as they changed the design on the plug.
    The real pain with the dreamer is finding spools the correct size if you want to run them inside the machine. I run non-standard spools outside the unit and feed it in. If I were to buy another one I would opt for the creator as it's cheaper and made out of metal.