Close

Has anyone had any experience with the Makerbot Replicator Lookalikes from Ebay?

Makerbot lookalike delete.jpg

These Makerbot Replicator lookalikes are now sold by sellers in the US, has anyone had any experience with them? Service and help from Makerbot has been so terrible, if I found something cheap to replace half my machines with, I'd consider it since working with Makerbot or getting service from them is so difficult anyway.

Has anyone here bought or tried these?

Super Moderator
    I have a QIDI Tech-1 which is a good solid machine and support is excellent. I also have the Flashforge Creator Pro 2016 and it is also a good machine.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    I have a QIDI Tech-1 which is a good solid machine and support is excellent. I also have the Flashforge Creator Pro 2016 and it is also a good machine.
    Really? Looking it up, it looks like that one I showed in the photo. Since I've just been buying Makerbots and using the old ones for parts (Makerbot is a joke to deal with, on the 4 orders for replacement parts I put in, 3 of them were messed up and involved a LONG delay in getting it sorted out) So if I can find a decent running cheaper machine I might as well go with something like that. Would you say the QIDI Tech 1 is as dependable and trouble free as the Replicator 2's?

Super Moderator
    I have not owned or used a Replicator 2 so I can not say.
    The QIDI was my choice as a first printer after a long search and study of printers and I have not been disappointed.
    My interaction with support has been a very positive experience.
    Check out eBay for QIDI and look at prices of common items to get a feel for it.
    Also check out the QIDI group on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenworth View Post
    Really? Looking it up, it looks like that one I showed in the photo. Since I've just been buying Makerbots and using the old ones for parts (Makerbot is a joke to deal with, on the 4 orders for replacement parts I put in, 3 of them were messed up and involved a LONG delay in getting it sorted out) So if I can find a decent running cheaper machine I might as well go with something like that. Would you say the QIDI Tech 1 is as dependable and trouble free as the Replicator 2's?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    the quidis are good machines.
    As are flashforge and wanhao.
    Avoid ctc - they seem to have a lot of issues.

Technologist
    Interesting what you say about the CTC. I had 375 hours on mine before I had a problem, and that was just a failed X Axis stepper motor cable. That being said, I would not want to use one in a commercial environment, as support is basically zero!

Engineer
    I basically have my CTC sitting in the attic right now while I use my 3 Flashforge creator pros. When the CTC is working, it's alright and not too bad quality compared. But overall I've just had more issues halt the printing process with that CTC. And with prices so cheap (Picked up two Flashforges for about $500 each on Ebay) I would just try for a Flashforge.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassna View Post
    I basically have my CTC sitting in the attic right now while I use my 3 Flashforge creator pros. When the CTC is working, it's alright and not too bad quality compared. But overall I've just had more issues halt the printing process with that CTC. And with prices so cheap (Picked up two Flashforges for about $500 each on Ebay) I would just try for a Flashforge.
    I just got another FFCP 2016 that came in factory packaging that you can't even tell it was ever used for $500

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Given that the ctc's are less than half the price of the flashforges - is probably a good clue :-)

It's a shame that flashforge have dis-continued the bog standard creator (unenclosed), as the only non-pros that seem to come up now are ctc's