Close

LCD and initial test issues - Flsun Kossel Delta with lcd, auto level & heat bed

LCD and initial test issues, Flsun Kossel Delta, help needed

First let me say, I am new. So new, I still have a cardboard box next to my printer. All I know about my printer and the world of 3d printing, I've learned in the past 5 days.
    Now that that is out of the way, here's what happened.
    I ordered a Flsun Kossel delta, with a mks min-b v1.0 board, auto leveling and a heat bed.
    AS soon as the initial build was completed, I set about installing the software. The printer came with Arduino, Marlin and Repetier.
    I am running Windows 10 and it would not open the Arduino provided, so I got the newest version online.
    The Marlin version provided also would not open, so I grabbed the newest delta specific version off GitHub.
    I installed all the drivers included in the provided jump drive.
    I opened Repetier. I set the printer settings to those indicated for my printer.
    I entered the g28 code given in the instructions to initialize the 3d printer, it is supposed to travel up and hit the limit switches, then I was supposed to proceed with a number of other steps.
    This did not happen.
    This is where I got all ambitious.
    I followed the steps given to re-install Marlin.
    This did not go well.
    My heat bed disappeared, my hot end read as 425 degrees and my LCD turned to a bunch of black bricks, and the initial test still would not engage.
    I contacted the seller. They courteously sent me the firmware fix for the heat bed and hot end.
    The heat bed and hot end now appear in Repetier.
    But my LCD is still bricks on a screen ( keep in mind the lcd worked out of the box, I am the one who screwed this up via the Marlin upload)
    And I STILL cannot get the printer to go through initial calibration.
    I need to know
    - how to fix the lcd
    - how to determine why the initial calibration (where the carriages first move up to the limit switches) wont engage.
    - if the printer has a queue that I have to or can clear
    - what alternative board to use in place of the MKS MINI-B v1.0 in case I have to replace it
    and
    - where to get the full firmware that came pre-installed on it ( I'm going out on a limb and assuming learning all this means breaking a few eggs, or in this case, boards)....
    I disconnected and reconnected the entire board twice, just to be sure I had not connected something erroneous.
    PLEASE HELP ME!
    Thank you in advance!

Student
    I have just recently bought the same printer.

I haven't had issues with the LCD on my printer. Maybe one of the cables came loose from the motherboard or the screen ?

I did get the printer to do its initial calibration (go to the top and hit the 3 limit switches). Did your printer connect to repetier host ?