Close

Formbot T Rex 2 Opions?

Hello Guys and Gals

I've recently been looking into a larger format 3d printer and came across the Formbot T Rex 2. Has anyone used one? I need a printer with at least 400X400X400 mm build volume to do some of the items I need. I don't really need dual extruders but I would like the ability to print using some of the non conventional filaments (carbon fiber, copper, flex, etc). I would like to try and stay below $2,000 if possible.

I was spoiled in college years ago as I had an awesome professor that helped push my design skills and got to use the high end Stratasis machines in the lab. She also gave me the chance to go to SIGGRAPH and help run the 3d printer lab for the week. I've been subbing out all of printing since then to shapeways and what I've paid for the labor charges alone could have bought a decent printer.

If anyone has any opinions or thoughts please help me out. I haven't been able to find much info on this brand or had much luck sorting out the differences between the dozens of other larger printers. Thanks!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    never heard of it - but dual independant extruders is something I would love.
    Just based on the spec I'd say get it.
    Also really good sized area for laser engraving.

It's from china so don't expect to be sending it back if it doesn't work, but other than that it ticks a lot of boxes for me.