Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Engineer
    It sounds like the filament feed process is getting hung up somehow. The common causes already mentioned include tangled/criss-crossed filament, jammed nozzle due to shmutz or too low a temperature.

I would like to add another one: Misalignment in the filament feed path. Check that the hole in the manifold plate on top of the extruder is actually lined up with the filament feed hole in the top of the extruder carriage release lever.

You might also check that the aforementioned manifold plate is not being pulled down by its forward mounting screw such that it depresses the filament release lever. Stress there can cause the lever to release the filament. I put a spacer on the top of the fan heatsinks to give the manifold plate something to be drawn down against, and shifted the mechanism downward when tightening the two fan / heatsink bolts that hold it in place.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelador View Post
    Cheers guys

So far i have found the following:-

A nozzle clog
    A tube clog
    AND a gear clog ( fillament jammed in the motor cog)

I have cleared all these but am still getting the pulsing.

I have tried the filaments i have i know are good in both extruders but this left one still a no go.

Does anyone know if one of the screws behind the heat sink is a tensioner

Sorry, no tension adjustments on the stock QiDi extruders .

Soooooooooooooo I have narrowed it down to a faulty nozzle. How I don't know as it looks clean as a whistle. I swapped the nozzles over, low and behold swapped the issue over with it.

QIDI's Excellent customer service are sending 2 new nozzles.

The issue i now have if anyone can help. On the left nozzle I have printed 10 things 2 PLA in QIDI FILAMENT and 8 in ABS of 4 USE 3D filament.
    Of the 2 PLA 1 failed and 1 had an odd discrepancy part way through
    Of the ABS 3 are perfect but since the clicking 5 have stopped part way through. Same settings on heat and bed as the 3 perfect ones

Could it be a filament quality issue or a fan cooling issue. I have a piece that i printed 3 times, twice stopped in same place the third time i upped the temp and it printed a bit more but after where it had stopped previous but consistency was different and then still stopped
    Last edited by Kelador; 09-28-2016 at 04:31 AM.

Thanks for that Dave. It explains why i cant find details in that then hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Sorry, no tension adjustments on the stock QiDi extruders .

Super Moderator
    You really don't need the fan for ABS, I don't use it.

If the extruder is clicking then it seems it can't feed at the rate being asked for. Could be printing to fast, temp to low, some kind of obstruction or a problem with the filament. Some thoughts.

Soooooooooooooo I have narrowed it down to a faulty nozzle. How I don't know as it looks clean as a whistle. I swapped the nozzles over, low and behold swapped the issue over with it.

QIDI's Excellent customer service are sending 2 new nozzles.

The issue i now have if anyone can help. On the left nozzle I have printed 10 things 2 PLA in QIDI FILAMENT and 8 in ABS of 4 USE 3D filament.
    Of the 2 PLA 1 failed and 1 had an odd discrepancy part way through
    Of the ABS 3 are perfect but since the clicking 5 have stopped part way through. Same settings on heat and bed as the 3 perfect ones

Could it be a filament quality issue or a fan cooling issue. I have a piece that i printed 3 times, twice stopped in same place the third time i upped the temp and it printed a bit more but after where it had stopped previous but consistency was different and then still stopped

Cheers wirlybird

Im using S3D and im sure fan is set to zero. I have sorted clicking its faulty nozzle. but now no clicking just ghost printing at part way through. Very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    You really don't need the fan for ABS, I don't use it.

If the extruder is clicking then it seems it can't feed at the rate being asked for. Could be printing to fast, temp to low, some kind of obstruction or a problem with the filament. Some thoughts.

Super Moderator
    Yea, S3D should zero the fan for ABS.

I wonder if the PTFE tube has a crimp in it that is hindering the movement of the filament? I wonder if it just takes that amount of time for it to back up?

Maybe slow the print speed way down and see if it gets any farther in the print. Just kind of guessing at this point.

Cheers wirlybird

Im using S3D and im sure fan is set to zero. I have sorted clicking its faulty nozzle. but now no clicking just ghost printing at part way through. Very odd.

Cheers for that I have bought some more filament just in case but i hate chucking things away so i will endeavour with what i have till it arrives. So we will see. I will post my results.

Have you ever seen a filament change colour part way through by the way

Super Moderator
    No but I think someone else here did.

I always save "bad" filament for those test projects or simple prints.

Cheers for that I have bought some more filament just in case but i hate chucking things away so i will endeavour with what i have till it arrives. So we will see. I will post my results.

Have you ever seen a filament change colour part way through by the way

Fingers crossed my new hatchbox filament works out ok. Seen some good reviews of which im going to go see if i can get a refund on this other one as im sure its that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast