Close

Post Can anybody help me with programming for alternative endstop max mod?

Hello gang,

basically i'm building my own printer and I want to use 6 endstops, however the xyz max endstops will be used to stop at max rather than to home.
    I already use software endstops for actual printing, but i just want to create a mod for extra safety when moving manually.

my current idea for coding follows (although I am not a programmer of any sort and haven't tried the code as i know it doesnt work, but if any coders out there could point me in the right direction then that would be great)

I couldn't find any code in marlin that was equivalent to the endstop being triggered, i've made up my own MAX_PIN_SGN. The pin on my motherboard for the max endstop signal pin is X_MAX_PIN 2. I was thinking if X_MAX_PIN was triggered it would = 1 and if it was closed it would = 0 ? any ideas?????

MAX_PIN_SGN = X_MAX_PIN
    #define MAX_PIN_SGN

#If X_MAX_PIN_SGN = 1 //X max signal on and endstop switched
    #Then X_ENDSTOP = Triggered //X endstop triggered
    #Else X_MAX_PIN_SGN = -1 //otherwise endstop still open

#If X_ENDSTOP = triggered
    #Then current_position[X_AXIS] = destination[X_AXIS] = X_MAX_POS //position is the destination and current position is the max position
    #G92 //max position is set to relative to min endstop positioning

Here is an updated idea of the coding:

X_MAX_PIN 2

#if switch. X_MAX_PIN.output_pin = high //X max signal switched and endstop triggered
    #Then current_position[X_AXIS] = destination[X_AXIS] = X_MAX_POS //position is the destination and current position is the new max position
    #G92 //max position is set to relative to min endstop positioning

any help would be appreciated !
    O.T
    Last edited by SmoothOl; 08-26-2016 at 07:38 PM.