Close

LEGO like jewelry possible?

Hello,
    I want to print some jewelry for me and my girlfriend which should be stackable like Lego. Is it possible to get the 3D Files form some Lego bricks? I just want this for myself and her.
    I'm new to 3D printing and I want to use a printing service like i.materialise, the material should be stainless steel or silver, can you recommend me a service? Do you think it is possible with this materials?
    Which 3D modeling software should I use? Thanks for your help.

Yes, a lot of people print out Lego blocks. It usually requires a little cleaning up once the print is finished, but it's definitely doable. You may even be able to find something that you are looking for on Thingiverse.com

I know that a lot of people are printing out lego blocks, but whats about the materials? Do a stainless steel block "click" into the other? I never had a printed block in my hand.

Technologist
    Take a look at the first post on my blog in my signature. It is a great example of what you're looking for especially if you just want to buy one.

They look good. Is it possible to put two of them tougher?Why is the surface so rough? P.s. "the Get one HERE" Link doesn't work.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by User View Post
    They look good. Is it possible to put two of them tougher?Why is the surface so rough? P.s. "the Get one HERE" Link doesn't work.
    This isn't my piece so I can't answer any of those questions but I messaged the creator of it to fix the link. Will update on this.

Which 3D designing program do you recommend? AutoCAD, Blender,Sketchup?

This seems like a product begging for a design application. The biggest issue might be modifying these blocks so they don't infringe upon any intellectual property.

Is this relevant if I just want to make a present for my girlfriend?