Close

Apple Accessory 3D Printing Challenge

i.materialise has teamed up with Rhino software to sponsor a 3D Printed Apple Accessory Challenge. Designers have already come up with some great 3D models for iPads, iPhones, iPods, Apple Watches, and Mac Books, and now it's time to cash in on your ideas for 3D printed Apple Accessories by participating in this design challenge. You can submit entries as late as 10:59:59 PM UTC on December 20, 2015 -- so you have a bit of time to think about some great designs. Just remember to follow all challenge submission guidelines. A print of your design and 50, 100, and 200 Euro Vouchers are the prizes for winners. Read more about the contest in the full story: http://3dprint.com/103799/apple-accessory-challenge/

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I'm thinking a nice big 3d printed hammer, for all those people who are going to get apple watches for christmas - and then realise they're totally useless without an iphone :-)

And just for ipads in general ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    I'm thinking a nice big 3d printed hammer, for all those people who are going to get apple watches for christmas - and then realise they're totally useless without an iphone :-)

And just for ipads in general ;-)
    lol

This post prompted me to go to the Rhino site... I see they are on V5 now. I used to work with V4. Didn't blow me away though. I work with Catia so no desire to go to Rhino again.

Also strange that Windows version costs 500 Euros more than the Mac version...

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well that's because the mac version probably doesn't work properly. And you've already paid about 1000 euros more for the apple computer - so they probably feel you've already been stitched up enough :-)

Most high end cad software on macs needs to run the windows version with a windows emulator. That always makes me smile :-)

So they're probably counting on you buying the mac version - giving up and then also buying the windows version lol

Lol... maybe. I wondering though if the mac installer will run in Linux...

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    How about a charging cable that lasts longer than 3 months?