Close

3D Printing Being Used in American Horror Story

Justin Raleigh, head of Fractured FX special effects studio, has recently been the mind behind the effects seen in the series American Horror Story. He uses a combination of cutting edge and traditional effects techniques to create outstanding visuals such as a woman with two heads, through use of 3D printing and clever camera work. He believes that it is both possible and, in fact, desirable to take what is best of all options in order to get the best result. Read more at 3DPrint.com: http://3dprint.com/96336/american-horror-story-fx/

Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse
    They have had some really convincing visuals in this series. I am looking forward to seeing what they to with the 3D print aspect. The problem I see is time. 3D printing takes time, lots of it. Traditional techniques of sculpting and casting for example, take far less time to accomplish. I am curious how this affects budgets for projects like this overall. Cheaper to take the time to 3D print or cheaper to have someone sculpt an object using traditional materials?