Close

Page 302 of 411 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    So far the new X-ONE QIDI is doing a good job with its included software. Waiting on S3D to get a profile ready!! I've been asked to help test! Pretty cool!

One nice thing with the new printer is I can prototype with it. I am making parts for one of the others that will be in ABS but I need to test fit at certain points so I send a partial print to the new one (in PLA) because it is speedy to get going and build the test print to see how things are fitting.

I thought S3D had a QIDI profile now?

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    So far the new X-ONE QIDI is doing a good job with its included software. Waiting on S3D to get a profile ready!! I've been asked to help test! Pretty cool!

One nice thing with the new printer is I can prototype with it. I am making parts for one of the others that will be in ABS but I need to test fit at certain points so I send a partial print to the new one (in PLA) because it is speedy to get going and build the test print to see how things are fitting.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

All sorted.
    Thank you Brian.
    Last edited by Talon 3D; 09-05-2016 at 05:21 PM.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon 3D View Post
    I thought S3D had a QIDI profile now?

It does for the Tech-1 but not yet for the new X-ONE.

That makes sense.
    I'm still trying to decide if I should get S3D or not.

It does for the Tech-1 but not yet for the new X-ONE.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

I've been reading through this thread.
    I have a couple questions.
    Nozzles, I'm not sure if I should buy the mk10 04 5 pack on Amazon or go with the MicroSwiss. Any thoughts? I'm going to be using some PETg next week and also Ningaflex.

I've been debating a glass plate, I'm still on the first blue sticker with 14 or 15 prints.
    Its been quite solid surprisingly.

I've got to read back through some more of this thread. Tons of great info. Thanks everyone its good to be here.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Super Moderator
    Nozzles, I'm not sure if I should buy the mk10 04 5 pack on Amazon or go with the MicroSwiss. Any thoughts? I'm going to be using some PETg next week and also Ningaflex.

I've been debating a glass plate, I'm still on the first blue sticker with 14 or 15 prints.

I've got to read back through some more of this thread. Tons of great info. Thanks everyone its good to be here.

For nozzles for the I have been buying the 4 pack with PTFE tube off ebay from QIDI, pretty good price. I am going to switch over to the all metal from MicroSwiss (have them) but just waiting to change them since S3D wants to test on the QIDI and stock configurations is needed. I think getting used to things in stock format is a good idea then when you make changes you may see better what is different and how to adjust.

I love the glass plate with hairspray. The blue sticker does work well especially for small parts. Bigger ones start to get hard to get off.
    Last edited by wirlybird; 09-06-2016 at 09:12 AM.

Super Moderator
    That makes sense.
    I'm still trying to decide if I should get S3D or not.

Everyone here told me to take the plunge and go with it. I am glad I did. It is a bunch of cash but I like it. I read a lot all over on this stuff and frequently hear people talking about how their prints got better when they switched. I have never really tried the other ones so I can't compare.
    There is a lot to it and a lot to learn. Support has been good.

Engineer
    Everyone here told me to take the plunge and go with it. I am glad I did. It is a bunch of cash but I like it. I read a lot all over on this stuff and frequently hear people talking about how their prints got better when they switched. I have never really tried the other ones so I can't compare.
    There is a lot to it and a lot to learn. Support has been good.
    I completely agree. Getting a 3D printer to behave predictably is a complex and often frustrating task. The slicer is both the miracle-occurs-here portion of that process, and the lens/portal through which your interaction occurs. IMO, S3D is the best tool available. It lets you focus upon the tweaks to getting your print perfect rather than upon the mechanics of the process.

Engineer-in-Training

PeTG and Flexibale filaments will print JUST fine with the stock nozzles setup on these machines. However for things like Ninja-flex your gonna wanna upgrade your feed carriage parts...you can print some really good ones.

I would STRONGLY recommend a glass plate or ANY kind of removable build plate. If you prefer printing onto a PVC sticker there are many removable plates (even glass) that will work with them.
    There is 2 reasons for this. Prints will be more easy to remove with the plate outside of the machine. You also wont knock your platform out of alignment trying to get prints off the plate.

As for the S3D question. There is a VERY good reason S3D is the current industrys top rated (and probably most used) slicers on the market. And like Dave said, your slicer can make a HUGE difference in the way a print comes out.

@ wirly:
    "I love the glass plate with hairspray. The blue sticker does work well especially for small parts. Bigger ones start to get hard to get off."

Not that hard to seperate things from PVC sticker...IF your using the right gluestick. I have done prints that took up almost the entire plate...popped off easy-peasy. When print is done let plate cool to ambient temp, then toss it in a bucket of water. 10min later it will be off the plate. This works if your using the Elmers purple school gluesticks.

Page 302 of 411 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402 ... LastLast