Close

Page 208 of 411 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 4110
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    Looks good...to bad anyone in US probably gonna spend twice the price on shipping.
    Not sure why but I can get things from China shipped for cheaper than stuff from UK area.
    China has been unfairly subsidizing shipping and to make matters worse the US govt helps with the unfairness. Not going to get into politics but that is what is happening and it virtually destroyed eBay for US sellers. Oh, and the UK likes to tax everything so add the subsidizing (started back with Bush actually) plus the UK "lets tax the pennies on a dead man's eyes" you can't win.

If I could try some PEI on my boro I would. Now the PEI, or this 25 pound thing, does it give a glass finish to the bottom of the print like a raw glass bed does?

Name Code Qty Each Options
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Crystal Series PETG - 3D Crystal-PETG1 1 24.55
    Filament - 1.75mm - Translucent Red - 1KG
    Subtotal 24.55
    Shipping 0.00
    Coupon discount -3.68 (fireworks)
    Total 20.87

Just grabbed a roll of that to try and see how PETG does.

Student
    Follow Stwert On Twitter Add Stwert on Facebook
    Looks good...to bad anyone in US probably gonna spend twice the price on shipping.
    Not sure why but I can get things from China shipped for cheaper than stuff from UK area.
    How bad is the shipping to the US? I know when I send things the absolute cheapest that shipping starts at from the UK to the US is around $12.60 at current exchange rates. Odd thing is it tends to work out better bang for your buck the heavier it gets. Comparatively speaking of course.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    China has been unfairly subsidizing shipping and to make matters worse the US govt helps with the unfairness. Not going to get into politics but that is what is happening and it virtually destroyed eBay for US sellers. Oh, and the UK likes to tax everything so add the subsidizing (started back with Bush actually) plus the UK "lets tax the pennies on a dead man's eyes" you can't win.

If I could try some PEI on my boro I would. Now the PEI, or this 25 pound thing, does it give a glass finish to the bottom of the print like a raw glass bed does?

Don't think I'd call it a glass finish compared to my borosilicate. It's definitely smooth to the touch, perfectly flat and shiny. But I don't think it's all the way there, maybe 95% at least as good as boro if I had to put a number on it. Possibly a bit more.

I've not had any complaints, in fact I think I'm the only one obsessive enough to have noticed so far
    But the trade off in simplicity of use, low maintenance and most importantly, repeatable reliable results is worth it in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Stwert View Post
    Don't think I'd call it a glass finish compared to my borosilicate. It's definitely smooth to the touch, perfectly flat and shiny. But I don't think it's all the way there, maybe 95% at least as good as boro if I had to put a number on it. Possibly a bit more.

I've not had any complaints, in fact I think I'm the only one obsessive enough to have noticed so far
    But the trade off in simplicity of use, low maintenance and most importantly, repeatable reliable results is worth it in my book.
    Well, I gotta try this PEI but I don't want something sticky in case it is junk. I have read that PEI can be a bear to get to release some filaments even when fridge cold.

Student
    Well, I gotta try this PEI but I don't want something sticky in case it is junk. I have read that PEI can be a bear to get to release some filaments even when fridge cold.

Can't speak too much to that, so far I've only done primarily ABS and some PLA. But both have lifted completely clean off every time once cooled fully to room temperature. Trying before that and they're still clamped to the surface and best left alone.

I've done several dozen prints since I installed it and I've literally only cleaned it once lightly with an 80% acetone mix. Not because I'm lazy, just curious how far I could push it. But I'm pretty satisfied now that I can do whatever I like and it'll take it, so it'll get treated more kindly.

Best of all though is that none of the prints suffered during the period of neglect, the bottoms were all still clean, smooth and shiny.

I know I'm probably sounding like a salesman, I've nothing to do with the company or product. I paid for it just like everyone else. But when I'm impressed with something I'll sing its praises.

Quote Originally Posted by Stwert View Post
    Can't speak too much to that, so far I've only done primarily ABS and some PLA. But both have lifted completely clean off every time once cooled fully to room temperature. Trying before that and they're still clamped to the surface and best left alone.

I've done several dozen prints since I installed it and I've literally only cleaned it once lightly with an 80% acetone mix. Not because I'm lazy, just curious how far I could push it. But I'm pretty satisfied now that I can do whatever I like and it'll take it, so it'll get treated more kindly.

Best of all though is that none of the prints suffered during the period of neglect, the bottoms were all still clean, smooth and shiny.

I know I'm probably sounding like a salesman, I've nothing to do with the company or product. I paid for it just like everyone else. But when I'm impressed with something I'll sing its praises.
    Naw, I wasn't thinking that but damn it they need a US seller but seriously around 50-60 dollars for it with shipping I will have to pass on it no matter how good it is.

Engineer-in-Training
    Naw, I wasn't thinking that but damn it they need a US seller but seriously around 50-60 dollars for it with shipping I will have to pass on it no matter how good it is.
    Ontop of that there is another issue I think I see.

Just watched a bunch of youtube vids on it...noticing that EVERYTHING is being printed with rafts.

Whats the deal there?

If the trade-off for printing without a bonding agent is that everything has to be done on rafts I am not sure its so good. Using PVC sticker and glue stick I print almost nothing on a raft. It is very rare I come across something that needs a raft to print properly.

Ontop of that there is another issue I think I see.

Just watched a bunch of youtube vids on it...noticing that EVERYTHING is being printed with rafts.

Whats the deal there?

If the trade-off for printing without a bonding agent is that everything has to be done on rafts I am not sure its so good. Using PVC sticker and glue stick I print almost nothing on a raft. It is very rare I come across something that needs a raft to print properly.
    The woman I posted used only a brim that I could see.

Engineer
    Syd, this Iron Man suit just posted on Thingiverse.
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1653525
    Don't know how useful, but it might be another resource.

Page 208 of 411 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast