Close

Page 12 of 411 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Do you have pictures of your current setup? You replaced the extruder correct? Are you using the side mounted fan or a 3D printed shroud?

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemeane View Post
    Do you have pictures of your current setup? You replaced the extruder correct? Are you using the side mounted fan or a 3D printed shroud?
    Qidi Tech sent me a complete new Extruder Assy. for $55 and yes it includes the cooling fan. I use S3D and it does control the fan.
    I also have extra parts and even bought and few more spares from them on Ebay. They had great prices. Picked up a CTC printer for $150 on Craigslist locally and have rebuilt it using my original Qidi Tech extruders. It uses the same board as my Qidi Tech.
    Here is a picture of my current set up.IMAG0468.jpg

Nice setup! So the ctc works better with the extruders from QIDI? How easy was it to replace?

Oh I have some extra parts I got with mine that I don't know what it is for... Some little black plastic thing that has a hole in the middle and a flexible hinge that lets it pop open... No clue what it is for.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemeane View Post
    Oh I have some extra parts I got with mine that I don't know what it is for... Some little black plastic thing that has a hole in the middle and a flexible hinge that lets it pop open... No clue what it is for.
    I figured it out. It is an extra holder thing for the bundle of cables that connects to extruders in the back.

So I have noticed some weirdness on 'top' solo'd layers... Take a look at these:

not sure why or how to fix it. Any ideas??

Your pictures didn't come through.

Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    Your pictures didn't come through.

This forum has a lame way of adding images... lol

IMG_2936.jpgIMG_2940.jpg

I'm not an expert but that looks a little under extruded to me. Usually your last 2 to 4 layers are solid so it would need more plastic coming out quicker. Whats your extrusion percentage set at?
    This link is a good guide to diagnose print issues https://www.simplify3d.com/support/p...oubleshooting/

I/m using whatever the default settings are in Makerware for the dual extruder they have as a device lol.

I need to get S3D... Do you use it?

Page 12 of 411 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast