Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Not bug really.
    It will affect asc that another file format.
    And with the stl, we need the data without complete.

Hi Alfred, I received my scanner a couple of days ago and was able to set it up and complete calibration. Unfortunately when I attempt my first scan, like the guy earlier in this thread the software crashes to the desktop. I have tried reinstalling and no luck. One thing I am doing differently is that I am using an VGA to DVI adapter as my video card has only 4 display ports and two DVI ports, so no native VGA or HDMI ports to plug into. The card has 8gb of memory on it so I think Im ok there. Any help and or advice you could offer would be appreciated, and thank you in advance.

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Hi hatred69,

Are the 4 display ports Mini Display Ports? If so a generic Mini Display Port to VGA adaptor will work. I got an Apple and generic off fleaBay, and they both work fine with V1.4 & V1.5.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your reply. My display ports are all the full sized ones, sorta funny how close they appear in size and shape to an hdmi port, but they are indeed display ports. But good to know, perhaps i will go and pick up a display port to vga adapter after work and give it a try. Thanks for the advice.

I felt i needed an update here, after taking a quick look at the back of my video card, i noticed an arrow pointing to to the OTHER dvi port saying vga, so i swapped ports and all is working now. Happy days, and very cool scanner too.

Is it normal for about 3mm of the model to be cut off from the bottom of the turntable up? Every scan I have done so far the model gets chopped off even when I have the object straight up with no inside pockets. For example when I scan a bottle of wood glue, everything from under the barcode is chopped off. I have the spacing correct to the mat and the angle as shown in the video. Is this a calibration error? Should I run it again?

Quote Originally Posted by sl33pydog View Post
    Is it normal for about 3mm of the model to be cut off from the bottom of the turntable up? Every scan I have done so far the model gets chopped off even when I have the object straight up with no inside pockets. For example when I scan a bottle of wood glue, everything from under the barcode is chopped off. I have the spacing correct to the mat and the angle as shown in the video. Is this a calibration error? Should I run it again?
    About this, we set a cutoff plane, and anything below it will be deleted.
    In order to avoid dirty on turntalbe.
    Maybe the setting of the height is too big, but you can adujst a setting.
    Please follow this:
    1,find a file called calibratesetting.ini with this path: C:\Einscan-s\ini\
    2, find a line :yoffset=50,
    3, change the number to 54,
    4, save and exit,
    rember to colse software,before do those above.

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Alfred_technical_support,

I'm using v1.7 and just doing a turntable test scan, and the offset is much bigger than I remember before.
    A quick look in Einscan-S>ini>calibrate setting file using Notepad, and the yoffset=55, so I changed it to yoffset=60 and it was even worse, so I tried yoffset=50 it the opposite way to your recommendation and it was better. There is another offset value above this line, offset=2, so is this the reason why I don't see all the model or do I need to increase the offset=50 to 52? What does this other offset value do?

Mike

offset-55.jpgoffset-60.jpgoffset-50.jpg
    Last edited by 24c; 10-30-2015 at 05:27 PM. Reason: add images, original, offer increase, offset decrease

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Ok, I changed the offset=2 to offset=0.
    No change, as far as I can tell.
    yoffset=50 to yoffset=52 is now just below the turntable now, so trying yoffset=51. A bit of a mystery this one, why so seemingly arbitrary numbers?

Attachment 7690Attachment 7691

Mike

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Alfred_t_s,

These offset & yoffset values are only used in turntable mode?

Oddly yoffset=51 is just above the turntable table, and yoffset=52 is just below it.
    I can work with the former.

Attachment 7692

Mike

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast