Close

Thread: MakeMyFile3D

MakeMyFile3D

While many individuals would love to create their ideas with the latest tech, they simply lack the design skills to create STL files in order to make them 3D printable. J-CAD Inc., run by Jason Vander Griendt, has long been turning their clients' ideas into manufactured products, and has created a new service. Through MakeMy3DFile.com, customers can easily have their ideas turned into 3D printable files, while the company does the tricky part for them. Through a three-step process, with prices starting at $99, users simply select a group level matching the project's complexity, upload images and details about the desired 3D model, and then make payment. Files will be emailed in 1-3 days, ready for 3D printing. Read more about MakeMy3DFile.com in the full article: http://3dprint.com/78768/makemy3dfile-3d-designs/

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    very clever idea.

And no doubt he'll team up with 3dhubs, shapeways etc in the near future. Everybody else seems to have :-)

Excellent idea! It's true and he's right! Software companies make it seem like it's so easy to learn 3D software but for the average person it's totally not! I spent hours, days and weeks trying to learn so many different trial versions. No progress at all.

Had I have known I could have hired these guys for the $399 category my design falls under and wait up to 3 days imagine the time and money I could have saved?!??!

I even looked into trying to hire someone that Shapeways.com or the other sites offer on their designer forums but this took forever!! You have to make a posting about your project and then go through these random people 1 by 1 and hope they know what they're doing. Also, how do you pay them!?

With this new way to do it, makemy3dfile.com hours and hours are saved not to mention the frustration!

Julie