Close

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Wang View Post
    Hi manish:

The accuracy of one-shot scan is 0.1mm, not the whole scan .

Eric
    So then it means what we lose compared to 0.1mm is due to the alignment process ?

I wonder if we can achieve a better accuracy when aligning with Meshlab. Although it's more time consuming.

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    I wonder if we can achieve a better accuracy when aligning with Meshlab. Although it's more time consuming.

Exactly Hugues, my thoughts entirely, and it's also important to move the object to get most
    information in the first pass, which is harder to do on a single axis turntable.
    What Nerv and others have done with Free Scan mode backs this up, and you really want to progress your scans to provide non ambiguous information to the cameras, that way the self align function doesn't get confused.

hi manish,
    can you upload this stl file to mediafire to check the scanning quality. if youi are in india please send your address or cell no.

hi cad care,

you are from india?
    which place?
    my number is 9920997945

Technician
    What file types does their software output? .obj? Also, can you scan part of an object and still output a mesh / fused file or does it have to be a closed 360 scan?

Quote Originally Posted by dklassen View Post
    What file types does their software output? .obj? Also, can you scan part of an object and still output a mesh / fused file or does it have to be a closed 360 scan?
    - STL file and also point cloud file (xyz coord)
    - yes, no need to scan 360, the software will close the mesh

Student
    Add Nerv on Facebook
    The software also with save as .Obj for direct import in CAD, the result of my direct request based on use with scan files in SolidWorks using the Scanto3D add-in.

Student

First Real Scan

Okay, first real scan, after playing around for a day or two. Its in Medium Res, using Bright/Dark and turntable. (My old laptop can't handle High Res!). I scanned it three times.... once with it lying on it's back. The Croc is 180mm long and 80mm wide between front legs.
    Croc1.jpgCroc2.jpgCroc3.jpgCroc4.jpg
    Croc Original1.jpg

Technician
    Just having a little fun with the SLS-2.
    Attached Images Attached Images

First successful scan. A lot of people are right, the tripod mode is the best way to go. I wish weller made their power cables detachable in the back.Capture1.JPG

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast