Close

Terrorists Arested With 3D printer, May Have Been Trying to Modify Airsoft Guns

Alleged terrorists in Hong Kong, were arrested earlier this month on charges of attempting to develop explosives. Among their possessions found within an abandoned warehouse were airsoft guns, masks, bon-making supplies, and a desktop 3D printer. There were nine individuals arrested in total, including 5 men and 4 women who are believed to have had plans to blow up buildings around Hong Kong around the time of a historic vote about elections. More details on this bust and just what the 3D printer may have been intended to be used for can be found in the article here: http://3dprint.com/76737/3d-printer-terrorists/

Below is a look at the 3d printer and the airsoft rifles which they may have intended to modify using 3D printed parts:

Authorities are now investigating whether or not the group had intended to modify the airsoft rifles, perhaps using components fabricated on the 3D printer, to make them lethal.

That would be quite the trick...

While there is nothing yet pointing to a the group’s intended plans to use the 3D printer for terrorism, it certainly seems like that may have been the case, especially considering the other items that the printer was found with

I have bleach and ammonia under my kitchen sink. Clearly I am a deadly chemical terrorist.

I miss the days of journalism, not sensationalism.

Smile

I'm totally agree with You...