Close

HICTOP Prusa I3 3D - 270*200*170cm

Just got one and assembled it. Found this forum and didn't find thread for this printer so decided to make one.
    Anyone else out there have it?

Hardware seems to be good, still working on adjusting it.

One issue was the y-axis limit switch did not contact anything. Built a tab out of scrap stuff that I double-sided taped to the frame so the limit switch has something to contact. Seems to work very well.

Any other problems out there?

Interesting. Do you have a link to any information regarding this machine? I like exploring everything that's out there.

Welcome to the forum by the way!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    it's an iprusa kit - I think you'll find plenty of threads and a whole section on reprap and iprusa :-)
    http://3dprintboard.com/forumdisplay...-Printer-Forum

Same problem reported on RepRap Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by MunchMunch View Post
    Just got one and assembled it. Found this forum and didn't find thread for this printer so decided to make one.
    Anyone else out there have it?

Hardware seems to be good, still working on adjusting it.

One issue was the y-axis limit switch did not contact anything. Built a tab out of scrap stuff that I double-sided taped to the frame so the limit switch has something to contact. Seems to work very well.

Any other problems out there?
    On the HICTOP metal version, The problem I saw on RepRap forum was the Y plate was installed backwards. the double bearing on the Y rods are suppose to be on the left as view from the front.

Bob

zrodsupport5.stl
    I have been "PLAYING" with my HicTop metal Alum printer for about 6 weeks now. I have noted a major problem in the Z axis rod capture on the Z axis motor plates. They wobble badly, I reported the problem to HicTop and designed a solution. I added a thin plate to the outside of the Z axis motor plates, this stabilizes the lower Z rods. I kept the plate thin as to still used the original screws.

Happy Printing.

Bob

I am new to 3d printing and just constructed the HicTop aluminum body. I'm having issues with the z-axis. Would the Z rod support help with the rattle I have in the Z axis or is the axis not level.

I am by far not a expert, only had mine for a little over 2 months. My "Rattle", wobble or vibration of the "Z" axis, was a combination of not parallel Z rods (fixed), the design of the screw capture of the "Z" axis screw drive(in the coupler to the "Z" stepper motor) and the "Z" axis rods not completely captured in the "Z" stepper motor metal support(bottom of the "Z" rods) . After verifying the parallel of the "Z" axis rods, I tried to add a thin spacer to the tops of the "Z" rods, sorta worked, but not completely. So I designed the zrodsupport.stl included in my previous email.
    The only other thought I have of your vibration is the linear bearings, I have had a bad one on the "Y" axis. Normally pops and sometime grabs, not a smooth slide.
    Look at the bottom of the "Z" axis rods, are they wobbling? You can try using my fix, at your own risk. I can see how it would hurt anything, if installed correctly.

Bob

Student
    i think you should show yr result , and then let me look this machine ,i just kown a little bit about your opinon and discribe, i'm not clear.
    But it's interesting,u can keep going and finish them.

Student
    Hey. I have a HicTop black plastic.

Does your fix go over the motor axle with a bearing?
    Or what?