Close

faBrickation - Combines LEGOs with 3D Printing

Just saw this video on youtube. This company faBrickation is combining 3D Printing with LEGOs to speed up the entire process. We all know that printing things can take over 10 hours, but if you build part of it with LEGOs you can save a lot of time. Check out this video. It's pretty cool how they do it.

Supposedly the software prints out directions of how to put the item together combining the 3D printed parts along with LEGOs.

A decent idea, but I don't think most of us want our everyday items to be made out of LEGOs, so we?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainday21 View Post
    A decent idea, but I don't think most of us want our everyday items to be made out of LEGOs, so we?
    Totally agree. It's a cool idea maybe for kids that want to get creative, but how many of use want to walk around with a cell phone case made from Legos?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickward View Post
    Totally agree. It's a cool idea maybe for kids that want to get creative, but how many of use want to walk around with a cell phone case made from Legos?
    These guys.

But, in seriousness, it is useful for making rapid prototyping more rapid.

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    It's a fantastic time and cost-saving method for designers and design students to create quick prototypes! In the design school where I work, LEGOs have repeatedly shown to be useful, and when combined with 3d printing its uses can increase dramatically. Still of course for things like testing mechanical qualities you'd still want to rather 3d print the entire thing.