Close

How about this item? it has speed mode.

Hi,

I saw something cool.
    The manufacturer said that it has speed mode so it will cut your time in half.
    Is that possible that cut the time up to half?
    The manufacturer is CANON, the camera company.
    Is that gonna works fine?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221751601318

Please check the item and tell me that this item is fine? or not?
    I need to know about this item but this one is too hard for me. ...

Senior Engineer
    Maximum print speed is a function of the plastic not of the mechanics. If it uses the same plastic then the print speed cannot deviate significantly from the other machines on the market.

If it were possible then it would be a company like Stratasys that do it first, not a newcomer to the world of 3 D printing.

A bit of Eastern Exaggeration methinks, everyone is familiar with that particular syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    Maximum print speed is a function of the plastic not of the mechanics.
    It's more the other way around. The quality of the mechanics is the most significant contributing factor when it comes to the maximum effective speed of the printer. Plastic can always be extruded faster by pumping more heat into the hot end (look at the E3D Volcano).

Looking at the ad, it claims high-speed mode is 100mm/s, which is readily achievable with a quality, well-tuned printer.

That being said, I'd be wary of some of the claims in the ad. I'd be inclined to research reviews for the machine before committing to a purchase.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    "New and Improved!" often refers to just the labeling on the packaging........