Close

3D Printed RC Snowblower

Designer and maker Ryan Butler of Minnesota built this 1/10th scale, 3D printed snow blower meant to be used by remote control vehicles. Butler says that although there are already large scale, remote controlled snow blowers for sale -- for tens of thousands of dollars -- he thinks there's a niche for a project like his aimed at hobby-level consumers. The device can plow a 14 x 5 inches path through powdery snow in a single pass -- and it's now availableon Kickstarter. Butler hopes to raise $10,000 by May 9th and is offering, at various backer levels, rewards containing STL files or pre-printed parts for the snow blowers. You can read the whole story here: http://3dprint.com/59033/remote-controlled-snowblower/

Below is a photo of the 3D printed RC snow blower in action:

Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse
    Maybe he should get in touch with the CounterBot people. Just sayin. The result would be a snowblower that did the job itself. Maybe as for round two...have a leaf mulcher attachment and a mower blade so it could simply take care of the yard entirely all year long completely autonomously. THAT snowblower I would buy Until then, I think I will stick to my 12hp Toro to take care of bidness.

Snow blower is a great machine for snow removal - The Good Gears: Snow Blower
    Last edited by GregJenkins; 09-26-2016 at 02:26 AM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    That is pretty cool.
    Might need it once a decade over here :-)