Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RGB Baloons

Peachy Printer Founder

RGB Baloons

RGB Baloons , or shuld I have called it CMYK baloons.

This print is 5cm tall 5000 layers (100 layers per mm)
    It printed in about 4 hours first try, and im so pleased that the balloons are still standing on those slender "strings"
    the baloons just shells but because it printed with no holes there is liquid resin trapped inside, just like a bath buble or a gusher candy
    Next I want to add tiny holes at the top of each balloon so that using a pipet I can add red green and blue die to colour each balloon a different colour.
    I think this will be a great way to do multi colour and multi material prints.

Some other thinks of note:

There are bubles inside the baloons, those were not there when this first came out of the printer, the got pulled in after when the liquid trapped inside shrank, air was pulled in.

In the digital modle none of the balloons were touching each other and that is how they printed, but after being out for a week they have very slowly been bending over, into what seems like a more permanent position now, I should probably have put the print in the curing chamber upside down.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rylangrayston; 04-05-2015 at 06:26 PM.

Senior Engineer
    A surface mount LED at the bottom of each stalk will make it whatever colour you want it to be. Put them on a small rotating disk and the colour will change.

You could make a pretty spectacular ceiling light (chandelier) by printing lots of them. Your very own planetarium.

Peachy Printer Founder
    wow yes thats an even better idea! Yes Ill try that.

Engineer-in-Training
    It would be interesting to drill the balloons and put blue, red, green food colouring in !!!!! Incidentally, the balloons look extremely smooth. Is it the smoothest Peachy print yet?????

This is an incredible print! Now I understand why you have been quiet for some time and I bet you will showcase these balloons in a soon to come video? :-)

Great work by you and your team!!!

Hi Guys,

@mike_biddell:
    isn't that exactly what he said in the first post?
    But yes, it looks really smooth, so im excited about the next update!

@InstantWork:
    If you look at Rylan's post here, he wrote that he posted this because it isn't scheduled in any update.
    But as the Updates, as I think, usually feature the most exciting prints and THIS one didn't get a place in any Update...
    (Just increasing eagerness a little )

quertz

Engineer-in-Training

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by quertz View Post
    Hi Guys,

@mike_biddell:
    isn't that exactly what he said in the first post?
    But yes, it looks really smooth, so im excited about the next update!

@InstantWork:
    If you look at Rylan's post here, he wrote that he posted this because it isn't scheduled in any update.
    But as the Updates, as I think, usually feature the most exciting prints and THIS one didn't get a place in any Update...
    (Just increasing eagerness a little )

quertz
    @quertz

when rylan said 'add' tiny holes, my inference was that he meant to the model and print them again, not drill them. Otherwise why use the term 'add'.

Technologist
    Add Chayat on Shapeways
    Can we see a render of the file that was used to create these balloons? They look awesome but it's hard to tell how awesome without seeing what model was sent to the printer.

Peachy Printer Founder
    lots of great minds think alike going in this thread.

As requested :

The tall one bent over many hours, but the other two are basically right where I put them
    Note ive done a bit of work on the model since the ( adding holes and an Inner wall ) but haven’t changed anything else.

Feel free to join in the modelling, here is the blend file RGBBaloons.blend.zipRGBBaloons.jpgRGBBaloons.jpg
    Last edited by rylangrayston; 04-12-2015 at 04:21 PM.

Hi,
    why dont you print the baloons on the side? so you have not the height and a way lower printtime.
    Synchron

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast