Close

ColiDo ABS and PLA Wood Composite Filament Announced

Macau-based ColiDo is the latest to enter the materials space, with a soon-to-launch website and a just-announced new filament offering. Similar to woodFill from ColorFabb, ColiDo's newly announced filament offerings include wood composite materials. ColiDo will be offering PLA and ABS composite filaments including a mixture of wood particles, and the company notes that creations will have the look and smell of wood. Read the full article for more details on ColiDo's recent announcements: http://3dprint.com/49144/colido-wood-filament

Let us know if you have used this new filament, and what your thoughts were:

Technologist
    Follow raysspl On Twitter Add raysspl on Facebook
    I'd like to hear any feedback from this filament too

Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse
    Well, given their site isn't even working yet, I doubt anyone but the alpha and beta testers have had access to the filament.

Glad to see someone is working in this area to produce an ABS filament. I have not had much success with PLA printing and have been sticking to ABS as my go-to material especially given that only extremely hazardous chemicals can be used to vapor smooth PLA but ABS can be done in fairly common and cheap acetone.

I too would be curious about it and also how it would react with acetone smoothing techniques.