Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    sorry for the delay i did i per your instructions but the screen im simplify3d says "this printer only supports binary commands" and nothing happens

is there a way we could communicate via instant messaging possibly?

Student
    Apologies just remembered Simplify3D does not support ascii commands to FFCP, so you need to use ReplicatorG as follows:
    1. Connect PC/Laptop to FFCP
    2. Run ReplicatorG
    3. Click File select New (this will ensure nothing is loaded)
    4. Type the following g-codes:
    G162 X Y F3000 ; home XY just to confirm FFCP is receiving the codes
    G1 X-60 Y-50 E0 F1000 ; move the extruders back out
    M280 P0 S10 ; sensor pin down
    M280 P0 S90 ; sensor pin up
    M280 P0 S10 ; sensor pin down
    M280 P0 S90 ; sensor pin up
    5. Click the second last icon from the left - connect option
    6. Click the first icon on the right - build option that will send the g-codes direct to FFCP
    7. A message may appear saying ReplicatorG doesn't recognize gcode M280
    8. Click Proceed anyway

Hopefully you will see the sensor pin go up and down.

If it doesn't and the extruder moves, then I will need to get in touch with the BLTouch people about what g-code to use with Sailfish.

Found this g-code which you can try if the M280 P0 S10 doesn't work.
    M300 S10 ; sensor pin down
    M300 S90 : sensor pin up
    Last edited by ejcruz; 08-27-2016 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Add more information

Ok well i tried and it all steps did as described to but no pin movement at all. i tried both M280 & M300 gcodes neither moved pin.

as soon as i power on the printer the bltouch lights up and selftests (pin dn, up, dn, up) itself immediately. so i assume it must be the correct wiring config but sending of gcodes is doing nothing.

anything other ideas for me to test let me know. i will continue searching for info

Student
    OK thank you orginalt80, I'm waiting for the BLTouch people to send me the necessary g-codes, will let you know as soon as I receive it.

ok sounds good
    and not a problem you are welcome

Thank you as well

Senior Engineer
    I haven't followed this thread but I do know that my CNC mill that runs marlin will not respond to any autolevel commands until after it has homed X and Y.

If I could be bothered I would read back and see if that may be your problem but being a lazy git I cba and leave it in your capable hands.

i found this info about sailfish firmware but not sure if its useful at all but here are the links

https://github.com/jetty840/
    http://www.auelectronics.com/forum/index.php/topic,524.0/wap2.html

maybe it can help maybe not
    Last edited by originalt80; 08-28-2016 at 08:51 PM.

Student

Cool

I received the BLTouch sensor and must say it's very compact and should fit nicely in the left extruder space, apart from this if you connect a +5VDC to the sensor it will auto do a self test - led light on, pin will go down and up and then remain up with the led light on, with only a +5VDC connected you can lower the pin with your finger and the led light will go off, push the pin up will active the led light.
    I have bad news, this sensor is controlled like a servo and therefore needs to be connected to a servo connection point on the FFCP board, Flashforge are unable to tell me which connection point(s) is/are servo if any is available on the FFCP board, ANTCLABS who is the manufacturer of the BLTouch sensor also don't know because they don't have a FFCP board. I guess I shouldn't be surprise because FFCP looks like a copy of the Makerbot Replicator because when you look at the Makerbot schematic it fits the FFCP.
    Not only do we need a servo connection point on the FFCP board, we also need to know the G-Code to access the servo point. The G-Codes depends on the firmware, now this is where it can get very confusing, one would think it would be relatively easy to get a list of G-Codes for the firmware you are using, if anyone have a list of G-Codes for ReplicatorG(Sailfish) firmware please post here, if you search the internet be warn the G-Codes can be convoluted. I've tried with no success using M280, M340, M300, M301. ReplicatorG does not recognize M280/M340, and reports an error about pen plotter when using M300 and M301.

The only possible servo connection on the FFCP board as per the Makerbot Replicator schematic, is the PB7 point which according to the ATmega 2560 processor documentation is a PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) point - PWM is required to drive a servo. Further supprise there are two points on the FFCP board marked PB7 (I've tested it and they are not connected).

The light at the end of the tunnel is very dim.

that is very upsetting to hear... especially that the ANTCLABS said they dont know because they checked and verified for me that the BLTouch will indeed work with this printer & setup.. i am going to contact them about this cause i was iffy on if i should get it or not but the said it will work so i ordered it. i wouldnt have wasted the month waiting to recieve the touch and all this time trying to set it up if i had known this. thanks for your findings tho

is there any way the board can be replaced with a compatible one and still function as needed in the FFCP with out being a pain in the a$$ to do? just curious

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by originalt80 View Post
    is there any way the board can be replaced with a compatible one and still function as needed in the FFCP with out being a pain in the a$$ to do? just curious
    I wouldn't recommend it, I think overall it would be cheaper and less headache to just buy a new compatible printer.

I'm still searching for a g-code to access PB7 connection point.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast