Close

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Engineer
    @Sprag I agree that the infill should be set up just a tad different for default. But it was also something I had read and knew about before I even made the purchase, so I had changed it right away. They have a pretty good forum with people sharing great settings and information. But I don't think it is anywhere near a reason to not buy the software or use it. It has saved me so much time, just in slicing time's. It's really nice to be able to set everything, see the print preview, and not have to wait a hour to re-slice if I want to change 1 small setting. Then everything else on top of it that I like.

@Jfkansas I tried the 45, -45, 0, 90, but I dont think it made near as good of a solidness on the infill. It was too many layers in between I guess is how you would put it. It would do one at 45, and not another 45 for 3 more layers, which left a gap. Almost more sponge like. Maybe I had a setting wrong?

I am looking at getting a FF Creator Pro or Dreamer(Just not sure which one yet). I was wanting know if you have full control and features in Simpify3d and does the live preview work on ether printer?

Thanks

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Get the pro, I watched a vid of what you have to go through to fix a filament jam in the Dreamer and it is quite the process. I can get to where I can fix a jam in mine in about a minute. It helps with my custom print head because of less parts, but even stock it is easier than on the dreamer.

To use Simplify3d in the Dreamers flash print you have to take the Gcode from S3d and import it into Flash print. With the Pro you load the .x3g file on the SD card and put in the machine and print.

Super Moderator
    I did my first Dual process print in S3d. It is a must have in some situations. I used it because I needed custom 80% support very close to the build plate due to some details that need to print perfect, then after it gets past a certain point my infill on the support goes back down to 10% until it reaches the top at about 50mm. Cool stuff. Well worth the money for this type of functionality.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yeah the pro is the better machine.
    Less to go wrong and all the right upgrades.

I'm not sure why you'd want wireless when you need to be there for every print start anyway.

Guess you could use a tablet or phone with wireless.

I've been trying to get a wireless sd card to work in my creator. The cards are great, the software that acesses the cards is absolutely shite.

You can access the card while it's in the machine, that works fine. But you can't leave the wireless in the card switched on all the time (even though it's powered by the sd slot) and you can't add files to the card.
    I mean it wouldn't have been much use even if I could add files to it wirelessly, just bought the card to experiment :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 02-01-2015 at 12:25 PM.

Ok, I gave S3D another try. And after trying some things what others have mentioned. I'm beginning to think S3D is pretty good. Thanks guys for pointing out my mishaps and misinterpretations.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by SpragClutch View Post
    Ok, I gave S3D another try. And after trying some things what others have mentioned. I'm beginning to think S3D is pretty good. Thanks guys for pointing out my mishaps and misinterpretations.
    Another pretty cool feature I just learned that's new is, say you have to use a lot of support. You can make it print a very light support up until about 5 layers (custom) and then start making it print say, 75% support, to make a nice flat layer to build the bottom of your object on. Here is a pic from their update.
    Last edited by Bassna; 02-04-2015 at 07:02 PM.

Engineer
    It's not letting me edit my post for some reason, but I made a picture for ya to better understand what I meant.

Just using 75% as an example, I have not got to mess with it too much yet myself
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    Yep, that was just added in the last month or so. I usually print at 10 support, 0, 45, 90. Then do 3 layers of 80%

Quote Originally Posted by Bassna View Post
    Another pretty cool feature I just learned that's new is, say you have to use a lot of support. You can make it print a very light support up until about 5 layers (custom) and then start making it print say, 75% support, to make a nice flat layer to build the bottom of your object on. Here is a pic from their update.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    so you'd use support on that arch ?

Just curious what sort of surface it'd leave whe you removed the support. So far I pretty much design for printing without support and avoid things that use it.

I've printed a few downloaded designs with supports and they've all been a real pita to remove, generally find that printing the same thing without support gives either a better finish or one that just needs a few seconds with some sanding to improve on the surface left by the support.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast