Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Add Marm on Thingiverse
    How big of a print are we talking? I've printed large blockish items on an 8" (200mm) square bed with the purple gluestick with good results (100c give or take, I don't have control of that). I lay it on thick on the corners, seems to hold well. Then when I have to remove the item, if it's being obstinate, I'll soak the edges with a little water, and that loosens up the glue. Make sure the bed is completely cooled first. I can then remove the glue from the part with some water and cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by Marm View Post
    How big of a print are we talking? I've printed large blockish items on an 8" (200mm) square bed with the purple gluestick with good results (100c give or take, I don't have control of that). I lay it on thick on the corners, seems to hold well. Then when I have to remove the item, if it's being obstinate, I'll soak the edges with a little water, and that loosens up the glue. Make sure the bed is completely cooled first. I can then remove the glue from the part with some water and cloth.
    Trust me, i have exhausted glue stick... 10+ prints of this model with glue sticks, with glue sticks dissolved in water and painted on (amazing by the way). It isnt strong enough.

If the brim circles i just did are not strong enough to hold this print down, glue sure isnt haha.
    Im making an even bigger brim now...

Quote Originally Posted by dunginhawk View Post
    Trust me, i have exhausted glue stick... 10+ prints of this model with glue sticks, with glue sticks dissolved in water and painted on (amazing by the way). It isnt strong enough.

If the brim circles i just did are not strong enough to hold this print down, glue sure isnt haha.
    Im making an even bigger brim now...

custom made rectangle brim seemed to do the trick..

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Nice.

not so fast my friend... even with the large brim, the corner of the print itself actually pulled away from the brim... this print is insane lol.
    I may need to slow way way way down. like 20mm/s first layer and 30 or something for the rest...

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Post up a pic.... There may be another option other than adhesion.

not the best pic, but here it is.
    I watched the entire first layer go down and it was perfect... as good as ive seen/done.
    Its actually pulling away from the brim.

Crazy thing is, this PEI i print on (its amazing btw, like REALLY amazing). holds this part so hard, that i have to level the bed every print... I is insanely hard to get off , but corners once in a while pop.

as the print goes on, its pulling away slowly a little bit more.. only this corner though...

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Gat temperature readings on that corner compared to others. May have a cold spot.

so im running literally 10mm/s for the first layer and 20mm through the entire print.. 14 hours.. if it comes up from this.. its definately something else maybe a cold spot as you say.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast