Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Engineer
    Yeah other than the slight warpage at the very bottom of my print's I have not had much problems with the ABS. But I am gonna look for some PET to try also, just to see what I'm missing. I will probably go with that esun you mentioned

Engineer
    yeah, its a little harder to dial in your settings for pet than it is for pla and abs but once you got it then your good. abs is funny and just really depends on the type of and shape of objects you print.

Engineer-in-Training
    Got my PETG today. Did a few prints, and WOW! This stuff is great
    What was great about it?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    what he said :-)

Its good stuff. The first layer is a little harder then PLA, but once you get the first layer to go down right, it prints a lot like PLA. Don't have to worry about warping like ABS. The layers bond together really nice. It has some flex before it breaks. When I need something stronger then PLA, I'll probably turn to a PET type of filament before I use ABS. Just because its easy to print. When compared to ABS.

How are supports to remove when printing in PET. Since PET bonds together so well, are supports easy to remove?

Thanks

Engineer
    supports are fairly easy to remove with pet+ but not with petg.

I just printed a part with a fair amount of supports in PETG from GizmoDork. The supports came off really easy. Was actually surprised.

Got another spool of Gizmo Dorks's white on the way. I really like the creamy finish I get from it. Only wish they had more than white and transparent...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123