Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Engineer
    translucent colors are always hard to analyze exactly how the part is printing and what you need to tune. i always try to tune a new filament with opaque. unfortunately esun's opaques are scheduled until march/april sometime. i find the esun, colorfabb xt and this reprapper stuff to be extremely similar in print quality. i can use very close settings for all of them. not exact but close. like i said i always use a heated bed even with pla so i have never tested the warp factor without it. i dont use a cooling fan though. i did for a bit but unless it was a tiny part that would get heat soaked then i saw no difference with or without it. i can tell you i just printed a box with the same red you have there. it was 6"x6"x 2"" tall and there wasnt the slightest bit of warp. could never have pulled that off with abs.

Heh, ABS is at the top of my "don't buy any more of this stuff" list...

Cool, I ordered some Gizmo Dorks White PETG to see how I like it.

That color looks too good to not make something for my wife. No post processing yet. Looks good anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Engineer-in-Training
    Would be great if the majority of PET printing did not require a heated bed.

Got my PETG today. Did a few prints, and WOW! This stuff is great. Never getting ABS again.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by SpragClutch View Post
    Got my PETG today. Did a few prints, and WOW! This stuff is great. Never getting ABS again.
    How much was it per 1KG? I have been buying ABS for $15 per KG, that's my main reason I been sticking with it :P

31 to 60$ per KG. Depending on where you get it.
    Last edited by SpragClutch; 01-27-2015 at 04:39 PM.

Anyone use "achement" brand of PETG Filament? Their prices are lower then others for a 1 KG. Right now you can get 1 KG for 31 dollars.

https://www.alchement.com/material/glass.html

Engineer
    I sent the alchement guy a msg. 2 weeks ago. He finally replied after 3-4 days and tried to sell me everything except what i wanted. If you want decent petg really cheap get the stuff from winbo. It prints good and if you buy it by the case the shipping is much less. They sell it for $12 per kg. for 12 spools shipped i think it came to $21 a spool. For smaller qty though you cant beat the esun stuff from intservo. I think its 30-35 shipped. Pet has come down in price alot. Your not going to beat $15 though. One thing you gotta think about though is the failed print factor with abs. Its $15 but the cost difference isnt quite so bad if you take into consideration the time, material and elec wasted on the failed prints. 30-35 for a shipped spool of any quality plastic really is pretty good.

sprag, if you get a spool post a review of it here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast