Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSourKraut View Post
    I had the same issue with one hex being longer than the other. What i did was to shim the Double Groove Mount on the side that the long hot end was on.
    Do you happen to have a picture of where you put the shim? I have a 1.75mm and a 3mm that are different sizes and don't have the range on X axis to offset it so I am looking into doing a shim, do you put in between the Double Grove Mount and the XCarriageDoubleShelf on the long side?

Quote Originally Posted by mwyrick View Post
    Do you happen to have a picture of where you put the shim? I have a 1.75mm and a 3mm that are different sizes and don't have the range on X axis to offset it so I am looking into doing a shim, do you put in between the Double Grove Mount and the XCarriageDoubleShelf on the long side?
    Yes I placed the shim between the Double Grove Mount and the XCarriageDoubleShelf on the long side. kind of a trial and error thing with getting the size just right.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Engineer
    I made a tilting plate for the i3v X carriage
    printing it now, going to try it out tomororw
    I will post pic if it works!

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:664362/#files

Engineer
    Looks good, Adam. I'm just concerned about the strength of the part in these two places:

Let us know how it turns out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Engineer
    Yep I noticed that too, I will revise the design

Engineer
    I posted new stl, and photos, I have this now installed.. and right now both my hotends appear to be dead level.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:664362

I levelled my X carriage to the Y rails.. to remove any compensation i tried earlier
    calibration isnt hard., pull the bed all the way forward so the hotends are just touching the back of the bed,
    loosen bottom two tilt bolts, lower hotends until they touch bed. slight pressure from lowering will make the hotends automatically tilt
    until they are both touching.. you can also wiggle it until it looks level.. double check with gap tool and tighten bolts from behind and underneath and its done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12