Close

Thread: PVA Settings?

PVA Settings?

Wondering if anyone uses PVA in their Flashforge printers. And wondering on temp. and printing speeds for it.

Thanks

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Start at 180, that stuff gets nuked at too hot of temp. Just start at conservative speeds at like 60mm/s. You really only want to use it as support material.

jfkansas, How do you set the FF Creator Pro to use one extruder to be used as support material and other as the main print?
    Just got the printer a few weeks ago and have a spool of PVA but have yet to use it because I have been unable to figure out how to set it up as you suggested.
    Can you provide any help?
    Dan

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    What software? It is pretty straight forward, you have to set the Toolhead 0 (right) to your main filament, then Toolhead 1 (left) to the PVA. You should have seperate temperature settings in each and you can designate Toolhead 1 as Support. It is kind of like dual extrustion but instead of setting part of your object as left and the other as right you can designate supports to use a certain tool head. You can switch the tool heads assignments around the other way also, it doesn't "have to be" the left for supports.

I was using ReplicatorG and it doesn't have separate extruder settings unless you're doing a dual printer file.
    I installed MakerWare and had some luck getting it to use the left extruder (2) as the support material, however I was unable to get the ABS to adhere to the PVA. Eventually gave up.

Any ideas?

Oh and I did try Slicer, and after setting up all the different profiles (ie: left, right and dual) for the extruders, I tried again, and no matter what profile I select it won't heat up the left extruder nor the print bed.
    Back to MakerWare.
    (and yes I have it set to extruder=2)