Close

Cool Metal replacement arms that hold the build plate

Was wondering if anyone has ever replaced the plastic arms that hold the build plate with the after market metal ones. I can not seem to find them anymore but I saw them awhile back. Might make the plate more stable.

Steven Houtzager

Quote Originally Posted by SHoutzager View Post
    Was wondering if anyone has ever replaced the plastic arms that hold the build plate with the after market metal ones. I can not seem to find them anymore but I saw them awhile back. Might make the plate more stable.

Steven Houtzager
    go to EBAY and in search box put: ALUMINUM ARM STIFFENERS REPLICATOR 1 2

You should see a set for $53.99. thats the only set I saw but there have been others on eBay. You might want to do a little more thorough search than what I did because there was a company in China that sold a pair for $37 if I remember correctly but have no clue if they're better than the $53.99's.

according to the auction page he's sold 100 pairs which too me seems like a lot so maybe they do help.

ive never used them, not convinced they'd make a diff but maybe someone with more experience will chime in. FWIW I'm not affiliated with any of these sellers.