Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Delamination Help!

Im having some issue with everything I print, A600 Prusa I3, print temps are 220 extruder, 70 on bed. .2-.3 layer height. 100% fill density. These are the settings that were already on there so I didnt change them. Can anyone tel from this why it would be happening?

Technologist
    Add bshadown on Thingiverse
    Did you try a diferent filament? Some brands can give you problems, like no fused together properly, can you post some pictures

Engineer
    ABS?
    220 for ABS is a BAD settings and the bed temperature could go at least 80+

Shoot for 230-240, and turn off that active cooling, it's actually less than 220 as soon as it goes out off the nozzle.

Technician
    Sorry I should have specified it was pla, yea I just tried a different company filament and its doing the same thing, let me get some pics and I'll upload them

Technician
    Attached Images Attached Images

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Increase print temperature, lower cooling and/or lower print speed to combat delamination.

*Add to this: Increase material flow rate.
    Last edited by Davo; 01-14-2015 at 01:12 PM.

Technician
    Do you think the bed temp could play a part in it? I usally turn the bed off after son many layers to keep the part from warping (no matter how much glue corners still pull up with the bed on)

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Bed temp relates to corner lift and first layer adhesion, not so much to delamination further up the print.

Technician
    Ok I had thought so, I wonder if crap filament could be causing this? I got filament from Amazon called USA Filament or possibly the extruder? Im thinking a wades extruder could possibly fix the gaping problems

New filament from an untested source could have odd chemicals, requiring a different temperature (higher or lower); it also might be undersized. Did you check the diameter at multiple locations with calipers? Can you adjust your flow rate up a little and see how it affects the print?

People don't usually consider the cost in time and material of failed prints; saving $5 on the filament could cost you $100 in lost time. Find a provider that gives a consistent product and stick with them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast