Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help!!!!!

http://www.makerfarm.com/index.php/3...extrusion.html

Makerfarm sells a Prusa I3 kit in three sizes, 8", 10", 12".
    Check it out

The Printrbot Plus Metal as a kit is over your budget but from my use (I took the dual version) so far it has been easy to setup, with excellent support and easy to use. I would recommend it. Also PB is constantly upgrading its products so you're not stuck with a frozen configuration.

Hi, Krey12! Great news, my newest book should be able to help a little. It is now free on Amazon. It will atleast give you a foundations of things you should really think about when doing your comparison. Hey, when you're done reading it, if you don't mind, please let me a review!

The Ultimate Guide to Choosing a 3d Printer: How to Choose the Best 3d Printer

Thank you,
    Elliot Simmons

Technician
    The easiest way to get what you want is:
    Do some research into RepRap designs, then design your own taking to mind the structural stresses.
    Then build your design.
    Write your own firmware for what ever MCU you are using to control the printer.
    Done for less than $200. Mine can print up to 15x15x10 inches, and it was made in this way. I am still testing to make sure that I do not have to correct anything, though for $170 total so far I think it is quite worth it, resolution is 0.1mm, minimum laydown width is 0.3mm, minimum layer hight is 0.25mm, so it would meet your needs, and it is very simple.

As an aid a simple BOM is:
    10x 8mm linear bearings.
    6x 8mm steel or aluminum rods, at least two inches longer than the build dimentions.
    1x Nema 17 stepper.
    3x small geared steppers.
    1/2 inch solid wood.
    1/8 inch ply wood.
    Wire Wire Wire
    4x voltage regulators (and heatsinks)
    3x ULN2803's
    1x MCU.
    4x 0.1uF capacitors.
    Some steel stock to make the print head(s)
    3 inches NiChrome filament.
    1 PerfBoard.

Just looking at the functional design of a RepRap and that BoM should give you a good idea of how to get started.

its a few more bucks, but this is great
    http://www.makerfarm.com/index.php/p...extrusion.html

I have the 12" and just got it tuned and its printing AMAZINGLY well

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12