Close

Lightbulb FlashForge Creator Pro vs. PowerSpec 3D Pro

I previously owned a Printrbot Simple Metal printer but after a series of issues with jams, print head connections, auto-leveling, etc. I've decided to move on to a little more advanced printer. I have a reasonably tight budget as I would like to avoid spending more than $1,500. I discovered the FlashForge Creator Pro which had everything I wanted in a printer and a reasonably low price at $1,350. After further research I also discovered the PowerSpec 3D Pro which appears to be the exact same printer for almost half the price at only $800. This whole thing seemed a little strange to me as I could find little to no information from anyone really about this PowerSpec printer. Any advice would be much appreciated.

I own the Powerspec 3D Pro. Having put close to 300 hours on it so far, I'd recommend it in a heartbeat.

Engineer-in-Training
    I think people talk about the Powerspec in the FF forums.

Quote Originally Posted by ssayer View Post
    I own the Powerspec 3D Pro. Having put close to 300 hours on it so far, I'd recommend it in a heartbeat.
    Do you know anything about the 3D X supporting Mac and the 3D Pro only supporting windows? I assumed they used the same firmware so I was wondering if that was just some sort of mistake.

No clue as to whether or not you can directly print from a Mac. Heh, I never print directly from my computer regardless. I'm pretty sure I hooked it up one time when I first got it, but... IMHO, who cares what operating system you use so long as your slicer makes a file that can be copied to an SD card? In that regard, I'm pretty much 100% sure you can use a Mac. OTOH, if you really really really feel you need to control it directly from your Mac, the Pro does not list OS X (whatever that's worth)...