Close

Cool Printing copper to make Printed Circuit Boards.

Could the S1 be used to print copper onto a non conductive sub-straight? if so could the system be modified to bond the copper to the standard FR4 fiberglass material?

Thanks!

Add GOC on Google+ Add GOC on Thingiverse
    - Has anyone tested copperfill for conductivity? I haven't dabbled in the conductive filaments yet, I'm waiting for the technology to get refined a bit more. When I do decide to get into it I planned on making a PLA baseplate with conductive filament being used for the contact traces.

- I was very interested in the low resistance THIS FILAMENT is registering, but its not low enough yet to print a functional board for my uses.

Staff Engineer
    On the one hand, no time-line or budget, or any of the other calling signs of a good Kickstarter... But I'm familiar with ProtoPasta, and have used their PC-ABS Alloy. (well, helped a friend figure out how to use it.) As an aside, I'll say that stuff may possibly be True Nintendium, it's impressive to say the least. If they have the kind of infrastructure already to make that stuff, then I believe they can make this conductive plastic happen enough to give them my money.

Pledged for 500g of it. Here's hoping that it responds well to EA smoothing and that 15ohm/cm is low enough for electroplating.