Close

Add Geoff on Thingiverse

3D printed Hexapod

Being one of those kids that had a crazy dream of building a robot one day in the future, inspired by old sci fi movies and computer games.. thanks to 3D printing that dream comes a little closer everyday. This is one of my more feeble attempts at a 3d printed hexapod. It walks well, but really was a prototype for a large version. This version only has 12 servos, the next version I'm working on has 28 servos.

Apologies for such a short video, my upload speed here in Australia is horrendous.

Engineer
    nice job!! kinda creepy when it walks. maybe because its so fast and looks like a spider

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by jimc View Post
    nice job!! kinda creepy when it walks. maybe because its so fast and looks like a spider
    Running at about 1/3 speed in that video you think thats creepy, wait till you see it with a small lipo battery and at full speed. That battery pack is 8x AA batteries, it was weighing it down alot and I had the walk gait running at 30 percent so yeah, at full speed I'm going to try and form some sort of speed test. Once that's done, it gets a quadcopter backpack upgrade. Ultrasonic sensors will raise or lower the legs depending on how far it is from the ground. The aim is to have it come in for landing, the legs come down and start walking and transition from flying to walking.