Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Engineer
    wiring up the power supply to rambo
    using 12 GA wire
    wire is too thick to put two of them in, to make jumper connection for heated bed power

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    There's no need to run 12AWG to the RAMBO board. Run the 12AWG to the heat bed relay. Either run a second pair of wires from the power supply to the RAMBO board, or daisy chain from the heat bed relay to RAMBO.

they will fit, it's tight but they will fit... you only really need 12AWG to the print bed relay as printbus said though

Engineer
    Built the extruder today. took some messing around with. added some LED near the hot end, I was pleased that some of the items Colin mentioned in his vide that would need soldering.. already came presoldered. (im not expert at soldering)

The extruder large gear, was rubbing on the v wheel bolts.. so i had to remove one of the washers. so that was annoying

I mounted the power supply higher then normal and added spacers, its super close to the motor but still clears thankfully.
    had to also drill new holes for the relay as the rambo mounting board was in the way.. which is odd

when I got to wiring. I was using 12 GA wire, and spliced a few inches up to make the loop for the heated bed inputs,
    still havent wired up the heated bed itself yet. or moved the Y endstop

so far so good..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Engineer
    First Print

Awesome....

Engineer
    First print! turned out better than i expected, using PLA

Engineer
    its been two days since i got the printing running, and its a blast.. love it!!
    working way better then i expected this soon.

assembly was pretty painless. much less soldering then i anticipated.

I love this thing!

Ive been the same way... Except now im trying go tune and perfect my prints... Its not easy... I can get things printed they arent always pretty but they work... I do t have adhesion issues on the bed anymore... I dont have warp issues anymore... Now its getting propper extrusion to prevent oozes...

I dunno why but i just want the pri ts to look great and be functional... Did the multiplier calibration earlier today and my filament is now the proper width but its not sticking to the previous layers when it did before... Such a headache sometimes... But its fun :-D

I have been assembling a i3v 12" over past few days. Painted with grey paint, not Rustoleum, but a thinner one with less build and faster dry. I did not take apart to paint, but left pieces stuck together and did not try to paint edges and insides, so it went together well and the grey color I painted still looks good with the lqser cut edges. All is wired, Rambo programed, and motors are running in right directions. Had to heat it up to get extruder motor to turn (was worried about that at first). Good kit, working well so far.

Next steps to fine tune and set bed level. Then to clean up the wires ... as I plan to use some wire carriers, this will take some time, so likely I will do some calibration prints first.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast