Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well, got to say that's quite an action as copper filament seems to be a rare filament that only colorfabb offers. Wondering if reprapper's copper PLA prints well.

Hi Terry,

Thanks for comment. Our copper PLA prints just as well as common PLA since its main material is PLA.

If there are no snafus at DHL, I should have my order to try out on Monday.

Engineer
    i ordered a roll as well. also going to give some of their petg a shot. i have printed almost every pet avail so this will be nice to compare.

@ssayer &jimc

Thank you, guys. Please do share with us your feedback after using our copper pla. We hope it works well on your printers.

Guess what I got? This is the first time I ever bought a 250g spool (so I bought 2). That said (and this isn't a knock on the product as no doubt ALL 250g spools are smallish), but they sure are smallish!

I have a test piece printing as I type this. I set it to print exactly like I print any of my other PLA, and it's looking very good. (I use 195c/60c/glass/gluestick/cooling fan after 1 layer. But... that's what works for me. We already know that everyone is different as to what works for them). Ok, the forum's uploads aren't working for beans for me. Here's a link to what I have that I put on Imgur...

http://imgur.com/a/l38qU

Update:
    Added printed piece to the imgur page.
    My wife gets first claim on the stuff I make, she claimed it. My daughter gets second (printing another. ). The pictures almost do it justice. Up front and personal, this is some good looking PLA.

Update:
    Added printed pics of a scanned dog from Thingiverse.
    Last edited by ssayer; 01-17-2015 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Updated pics

Hi ssayer,

I've seen your print. It's really a good print. Thanks again for your share here. We wanna twitter your page if you don't mind.

Fine with me.

Engineer
    well i got my roll of copper the other day. i had to come on here to take a second look at your spool. yours is extruded right. i am posting a picture of mine. its horrible. i cant print more than 2-3 min before it jams up.

on a positive note i had a big production run of parts to be printed so i ordered 5kg of black petg and that stuff is great. nice quality, perfect extrusion. its pretty much exactly like colorfabb xt. i am already on my second roll.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow, that roll of copper looks like crap! I hope my 2nd roll doesn't look like that...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast